Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experimental Week: BlazBlue Calamity Trigger Casual Tournament

Options
  • 18-01-2010 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Alright Guys, I said I'd do this and heres me backing up the words!

What I'm looking to do is expand the irish fighting game scene and what a better way to do it than to play BlazBlue! We've all seen it and commented on how cool it looks etc, so i'm gonna throw out an open invitational to try out the game for themselves & hopefully get a real interest in a game other than street fighter 4.

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger 1st Un-Official Casual Tournament.
    XGC Liffey Street
    Sat 23rd January 2010
    2pm-6pm
    2.50 Euro Entrance (to help pay for consoles)

The Tournament will be run on 2 PS3 consoles, All characters allowed, no unlimited forms.

There will be other games in the XGC as Saturday is casual meet up day for SF4.

Favor can this be stickied for the moment & can Sabre001 upload it to esports.ie please I'm trying to spread the word all outside publicity would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Got some questions...

Is this game out yet here or are you guys using imports? Been waiting to play this game for ages, looks great!

I've never played it before/or don't have a clue of the game system. Would it make sense for people who never touched it before to attend? Can I ask why are you hosting a tourney if its for people just to come and see what the game is like? (right?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Yeah were using imports me & Kiki have copies. The game is set for release in march so i'm looking to get some people hyped up about it by hosting a few events before the game is launched here. It will make sense to show up & try it don't worry your not gonna be the only new guy who has never touched it before at the event, i'm personally inviting friends to this who have only seen vids like yourself. Come along, try the game, play with other players on your skill level & ask me & kiki questions about it.

Cool, cool. I really liked GG but sometimes even that game confuzzles me >.<

When I watch videos of BlazBlue I'm like err wtf is going on? I guess it's all part of the learning process. How in depth is the game?

Sick, I'll be there this Sat :D

Also, may I ask why it's a tourney, shouldn't you just make it a casual meet/free for all or w/e. I guess limited game copies is why

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

I'll definitely give this a go, it looks like a really awesome game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I've no idea how the **** to play the game but I'll try pop in Sat. There's a chance I might be busy but not 100% sure yet.

• Advertisement

Jim thats the point most of the people who show up will have no idea how to play it thats why i want people to try the game & see what they think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

The tutorial discs that came with BB are a good way to get a rough idea of how to play the game before you pick it up:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BlazBlueDVDTutorials

Jin and Ragna are good beginner characters if you're not used to GG/MB style fighters. Steer clear of Rachel, Carl and Litchi if you're not sure what you're meant to be doing.

I wish I could make it down to finally get some people to play BB with but I'm hella broke and a bus down to Dublin is pricey for me (and I wanna save up for a tourney in Sweden). If BB ever runs on a day where the other northern lot are heading down for SF4 I may tag along for a few games!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Done and thanks for the mention. eSports.ie is pleased :)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Incidentally, I can't do any good combos anyway :pac:

Ah sorry for you not being able to attend VyZe, was looking to get you to help my Nu along the way haha, tell u what hook me up on PSN my ID is Xinkai_SAF and you can teach me there! xD

No problem Sabre i'm looking to advertise this as much as possible. Your only helping the cause!

• Advertisement

bump to prevent falling to page 2

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Xinkai wrote: »
    Ah sorry for you not being able to attend VyZe, was looking to get you to help my Nu along the way haha, tell u what hook me up on PSN my ID is Xinkai_SAF and you can teach me there! xD

No problem Sabre i'm looking to advertise this as much as possible. Your only helping the cause!
    Oh sick I get a capital Z for some reason! :P

I'll be busy with Bayonetta this week but I'll try to get some games in this weekend. PSN: Vyzendir

My game is really scrappy right now from lack of place so any practise between now and Showdown in May would be awesome!

Just a reminder guys this event is THIS SATURDAY at 2pm.

THIS SATURDAY 22ND JANUARY.

I'll be in around 3ish, if that makes a difference? (I assume not since it says 2-6 :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Just a reminder guys this event is THIS SATURDAY at 2pm.

THIS SATURDAY 22ND JANUARY.

23rd dude.

Ramza that means you'll be jumping right into the tournament then if thats ok with you.

23rd dude.

stfu... :<

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I should be there alright, along with a mate.

Cool the more the merrier!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

BB:CS just (apparently) leaked to PC lol

• Advertisement

Ramza that means you'll be jumping right into the tournament then if thats ok with you.

Man why is it a tourney if half or even more of the peeps entering have never played? Curious is all...

Theres casuals from 2-3 to get people acquainted with the game the way it plays etc then a little mini tournament for the craic.

Advertisement