Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1

Options
  • 18-01-2010 3:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hey I'm going to the US to work for the summer for a summer camp. I think I can go on a J1 visa, not 100% sure yet. I'm Irish but am studying in scotland and want to know can I just go the US embassy here or do I have to go to the one in Dublin in order to apply for my visa, anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Check with the companies, I think you might qualify for the irish one, but you have to go to a visa sponsor company. Its possible to get one in Ireland if you're studying in Ireland but not a citizen, so Erasmus can get J-1s through Ireland so I'm pretty sure you should be able to get one through the UK. If you check out interexchange.org they should give a list of companies in Britain that will organise it for you, if there are none, you can go straight to interexchange! Good luck!

Advertisement