Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life assurance application question

Options
  • 18-01-2010 5:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

When applying for a mortgage, and filling out the life assurance application form, if you disclose details of a suicide attempt, in what way does this affect your application, either in relation to loading or indeed in relation to refusal to cover you? No diagnosis of any mental illness/depression was made, it was one-off event related, and it occurred almost a decade ago. I've since built a successful career, and made what I would call a complete recovery to the extent that to my mind it might as well have happened to a different person if you know what I mean. I suspect it'll require some kind of medical report or some such, but no hassle beyond that. Can someone in the know fill me in? Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Andymfinancial

You will have to complete an additional questionaire and they will write to your doctor for a report. If it was a one off it should not effect the application. Suicide is not covered on some policies anyway. Even if your life cover is rejected (which i am 99% sure it wont) the mortgage company cannot refuse you a mortgage on the basis that you cant get life cover.

Advertisement