Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Night In Friday - 22nd January

• 18-01-2010 8:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

(Mods please close other thread)

Alright guys, Last thread was closed. I'm assuming I've permission to create new threads weekly, but I'll clear it by a mod later on.

I won't bother with the intro.

Event details: Friday 22nd @ 8pm

1st Game: Left 4 Dead 2
    Host: Slugs91

2nd Game: 1 v 100
    Host: TBC See later posts.

(If you need your name added to the boards night in GT, post here :)

Friday 22nd January 18 votes

Halo 3:ODST Firefight
    0%
    Left 4 Dead 2: Versus and Scavenge
    16%
    robinphthewheel2.0shoveltooth 3 votes
    Peggle Peg Party
    50%
    super_furryDirkVoodooKorvanicaDingDongGAAmanNotorietyHarmour87PruntySlugs 9 votes
    1 v 100 Live Event
    0%
    Skate 2 Freeskate
    33%
    zero19Adamcp898SK1979ShzmJev/Npvt.joker 6 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Halo and 1vs100 is all I have of those titles, so Halo it is for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭flanno_7hi

plus 1vs 100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Peggle Peg Party
    In future should I make the choices multiple choice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Peggle Peg Party
    Slugs wrote: »
    In future should I make the choices multiple choice?

I would say (and was gonna say before but was offline for a few days) to have the nights as theme nights, a driving night with forza etc a shoot em up night with left 4 dead 2, the call of dutys etc so on so forth

But outta the poll its left for dead 2 for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Peggle Peg Party
    Went with L4D2 as well. I think the "themed night" is a good idea. But even then if 4 people want to play left 4 dead when it's a Forza night, they can just organize it themselves on the day. At least now there is a thread where you can find people looking to play on a friday night rather than sitting on Live hoping that you can find 3 other people online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Don't have any of the above I'm afraid, only L4D 1...must pick up 2 soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Prunty

Peggle Peg Party
    I voted left4dead although I'm still having difficulties online, hopefully I'll get online - properly - before Friday..

Peggle Peg Party
    Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Don't have any of the above I'm afraid, only L4D 1...must pick up 2 soon.
    1 v 100 is free :). As for L4D2 connection problems, we'll try and get that sorted prior to friday if needs be

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Skate 2 and/or 1 vs 100 for me'd be great.

Both DeVore and I managed to get into the 100 at separate stages the other night (we were both playing in his gaff). At one stage I was up for an Arcade game and some MS Points.

If we're going for Skate 2, has everyone unlocked all the areas? Some contests on the mega ramps in the park or at the dam could be a lot of fun... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I voted Skate 2.

The free skate events were alot of fun. Especially the Hall of Meat challenges before it got ruined by that glitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭flanno_7hi

I dont have any of the DLC although i might get it tomorrow.
    I'll host a private game of freeskate if people wanna send me their tags.

HOM glitches are for knobs btw :)

Peggle Peg Party
    Well if Skate 2 comes up, Flanno I'll need you to host.

Peggle Peg Party
    Right lads, l4d2 it is :) ^^ Looking forward to this immensely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Peggle Peg Party
    I'm up for Firefight, L4D and 1v100.

Also got into the mob last friday, twice. First time the mob won but there needs to be 60 or less left to be eligible for a prize. The second time I just got a question wrong. Also made it into the top 10 in the crowd during one of the rounds that night.

I don't think any of yall are on my list but if you need a player I'll probably be online Friday night anyway.

Peggle Peg Party
    kk, I'll throw you on the gt later on :)

Peggle Peg Party
    I also forgot to mention, L4D2 is free to all silver members for the entire weekend. with that in mind, I may use the Boards Night In GT for the event :P

Peggle Peg Party
    Better make that bitch a 5 star then!

Submitting positive player review...

Still 3? Wtf?!

Peggle Peg Party
    I know... Dunno how many it needs to get it to 5...

Peggle Peg Party
    Usually jumps up to 4.5 after a review, strangely even after a bad one! Maybe cause it's silver.

I call Rochelle btw :p

Peggle Peg Party
    Lol, good, I want nick ;) Actually should we sort teams out now or on the night? :P

• Advertisement

Peggle Peg Party
    I find the best way to have good games of Scavenge or Versus is for everyone to go random at the start. Mixes it up more.

Peggle Peg Party
    aye, we do that frequently, I actually play Gb on l4d, or did on the first one, will get back to it after the LC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well count me in for L4D2 this friday night as i can make it im not working late and one of my kids got the game with his crimbo presie vourhers.

BTW I take it that L4D2 free for silver members means they can play it on xbox live for the weekend yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

hope this went ahead tonight, im in for next friday as i should have the xbox back provided I own the featured game.

I'm kinda glad L4D2 won so that means Skate 2 can be in the running for next week right? Plus I was out tonight and with the website downtime I had forgotten about this.

Peggle Peg Party
    No event happened tonight due to no one showing up. We'll discuss this over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Peggle Peg Party
    Well people do tend to go out at the weekends, myself included. I know i said id be up for it, but friday and saturday ights i usually spend at friends houses/partys.

Maybe it should be moved to some night during the week? Then there is more of a chance of there being people online. Since less people go out during the week.

Maybe its just me though ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I did manage to get into the mob in 1vs100 though, then some stupid question on something about X-Dancing-Idol-Factor-Celebrity came up. :(

Peggle Peg Party
    Korvanica wrote: »
    Well people do tend to go out at the weekends, myself included. I know i said id be up for it, but friday and saturday ights i usually spend at friends houses/partys.

Maybe it should be moved to some night during the week? Then there is more of a chance of there being people online. Since less people go out during the week.

Maybe its just me though ;)
    I've got an LC to work for, and while I'd love to have it on weekdays, it's just not feesible for everyone here.

• Advertisement

What about a weekday event and a weekend one? I'd be much more up for it on a weekday.

Advertisement