Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vat back?

• 18-01-2010 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi there,

I'm new to boards and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post questions but I have a few anyways...

Im thinking of starting a business that requires me to have storage space. I have a concrete shed out in my garden that is roughly 15ft by 6ft in lenght and width and 7.5ft high, it is in need of repair as it is but I'm wondering would I need planning permission to make it bigger? I was thinking about expanding it to 15ft by 12ft in lenght and width and keeping it 7.5ft high, I would be building into my garden. Also would I need planning permission to fit a steel door into the shed from a common area behind my garden. The council maintains the grass behind my house?

Another Question I have is that I am planning to purchase a van and I understand that I can claim back VAT if I'm registered? Could someone explain how this works whether I can save money when buying the van or do I claim back at a later date...

Sorry if these questions should have obvious answers to someone thinking of starting a business... Thanks

If ya don't ask You'll never know!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

There is a link to the VAT guide and starting a business in the stickies.

This is not the right forum to discuss planning permission on your shed- try legal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 PostCelticCub

Thanks Mr. Incognito

Advertisement