Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackwater Way Next Week

Options
  • 18-01-2010 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

I'm hiking the Blackwater Way in about a week's time, from Kerry to Tipperary and taking a goat and dog with me. It sounds a bit strange I know - it's a long story.

Has anyone done this hike before?
    Any hidden gems to look out for along the way?
    Any great B&Bs that would let me put the goat and dog in their garden overnight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I'm hiking the Blackwater Way in about a week's time, from Kerry to Tipperary and taking a goat and dog with me. It sounds a bit strange I know - it's a long story.

Any great B&Bs that would let me put the goat and dog in their garden overnight?

A goat :confused: :eek: :confused:

Do tell

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

I've spent too much time reading books like McCarthy's Bar and Round Ireland with a Fridge and been inspired by them to have a bit of a mad trip. Think a goat will be better company than a fridge! I also want to see if the Irish welcome that we market overseas and the hike tourism infrasturcture does exist and what it's like.

Just going to take each day of the trip as it comes, but I'm thinking that it may be a little difficult to find B&Bs open this time of year? Especially B&Bs that will let me keep a goat in their garden.

Just going to take each day of the trip as it comes, but I'm thinking that it may be a little difficult to find B&Bs open this time of year? Especially B&Bs that will let me keep a goat in their garden.

I'd imagine so, best bet is to just ring around and keep asking till you find places.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

i thought you were only taking the mick about the goat until I read about you in the Times.it reminds me of when a german couple did the wicklow way and brought a donkey to carry their stuff. practical, but it got them the nickname Jesus and Mary.
    BTW have you read THE Irish Coast to Coast Walk by Paddy Dillon (published by Cicerone)?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 JimSmash

Just read the article there too, what a great idea! Enjoy and please do tell how you get on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

Thanks! Had a brilliant time. Back to work today, but we're planning on going all the way to Dublin over the coming months, along waymarked ways, and hopefully finish with having tea with the president! I got some really funny photos over the week, here's the link -http://tinyurl.com/a8qrdk

Thanks! Had a brilliant time. Back to work today, but we're planning on going all the way to Dublin over the coming months, along waymarked ways, and hopefully finish with having tea with the president! I got some really funny photos over the week, here's the link -http://tinyurl.com/a8qrdk

Well done, must read the link when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Great read, cept I was reading from the top down :o Only copped it half way down :D Lovely read, though :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Brilliant!

Advertisement