Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deleted history reappearing

• 18-01-2010 10:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭

I clear my google ‘search’ history (ie 8 browser btw) along with my internet history every time I do an anti virus update (i do a tidy up of the pc at the same time out of habit), but the other day when using google search a few times I went to the search history to go back to a previous search & I found the history list full of stuff from about 18 months – 2 years ago below the recent search listings, any idea how this could happen? Its bizarre because about a week ago it was completely empty & now there’s a search list of stuff I know was from well over a year ago (i was looking for hotels for a holiday hence knowing the approx date)

I have been having problems with the system battery (needs replacing as a warning comes up every time I turn the pc on) & the date has reverted back to april 2008 a couple of times, would this have anything to do with it?

No problems with anything else but just suprised to see old lists reappearing out of the blue like that & was wondering if its a sign of a bigger problem.

Any ideas?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

DvB wrote: »
    Any ideas?

You could stop looking at zee online boobies..

or

Download CCleaner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

You could stop looking at zee online boobies..

or

Download CCleaner

Such websites are blocked i'm afraid, we have limited access, no filth allowed in here:D
    Anyway, prob solved, it was caused by a system restore from a point back at that approx date that brought it back, all sorted now.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Advertisement