Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SHOE REPAIR NEWBRIDGE

Options
  • 18-01-2010 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi there,

I'm looking for a decent and resonable shoe repair shop in Newbridge .

I went to TIMPSON the other day and they have charged me EUR 10.00 for a pair of hills .which I think is way too much...I use to pay EUR 8.50 in Clondalkin to a local shoe repair and he was brilliant.

Does anyone know any other Shoe repair shops in the area which is a little bit cheaper than TIMPSON?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

If you are willing to travel 10 mins out to Kilcullen there is a shoe mender there on the main street although i haven`t used them myself they look very professional with a touch of the old style(ie not ripped off).
    Plus it reminds me of my grandads old shop in a way,i`m sure they will do you good ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 FIAT 00

Ok I'm lost...just moved in to Newbridge few months ago and not really familiar with the place..I know Kilcullen but I don't know how to get there...any suggestion From Newbridge Topaz petrol station??

I`ll try,i`m not the best at directions but it ain`t that hard to get too,
    head out on to Cutlery Rd at the back of Dunnes,go past Newbridge Silverware past the Whitewater SC car park entrance and continue through the lights until Bradshaws motor factors is on the right merge into the right lane and take that right.
    You should then be passing Ryston Apts and the leisure all these are on your left,continue all the way on this road through the Liffey Hall lights into Athgarvan,straight through the town till you come to T juction,right will take you into the Curragh further down and the left you will be taking is the Kilcullen rd,follow the road over the motorway past the schools up to the busy crossroads with lights as you enter Kilcullen village,you take the left here,park anywhere up on the street,you don`t need to pay and display :) the shop is just across fromthe Eurospar on the main street you can`t miss real old but fresh shopfront.
    Hope that helps,my partner works next to it and i have noticed on occassion it has been shut some of the time recently,leave it with me and i`ll see if it`s opening fully this week;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 FIAT 00

thanks you are very good...Just come back to me when you can,,
    :)

You are very good at directions don't worry , I'm really bad...

Peacoke`s is the name of it,just back they were closing there at 5.30 today so business as usual.

I remember i went in to get 2 keys cut in Timpsons before,my jaw dropped when i heard how much they wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Blizzard

A new shoe repair opened on the main street (just across from Lifestyle Sports) about a year ago but didn't last - it's a pity - the fella that owned it seemed like a nice guy. That said, I've used Timpson's in Dunnes Shopping Centre and found them very good. I wasn't shocked at prices like some have mentioned. There is a young guy working there who is friendly and helpful. It appears someone from there has posted here about a sale, so I guess its worth trying again. I don't know of anywhere else in town to get repairs done now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

hugh peacock does good work and has a good rep, but not sure if he would be considered cheap to be honest, but it is great to have nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

My family have always used Bill Glennon in Naas (on the Newbridge road, small house to the left of Donegans). Im not sure how he compares in terms of price (or if hes even still operating for that matter!) but weve always been happy with the job hes done.

Advertisement