Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nikki Hayes been demoted?

• 18-01-2010 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, just curious about other folks views on Nikki Hayes being moved to the weekend slots, and if any of you lot see the move as a demotion?

I be on the road a lot, so listen to quite a lot of radio, Her show wasn't too bad, although one thing that really annoyed me was the fact she never shut up about a new Irish group Industry, and was urging us to go out and buy their cd's even though they were absolute pants!
    (led me to believe she was getting a cut from their record sales)

getting moved to a weekend slot will seriously hamper her dj performances though as she seemed to do a lot of travelling to various parts of the country at weekends, but will now have committments to the show.

What do you lot feel? Has she been demoted? This is nit an attack on Nikki by the way! As I think she did a great job! Can't for the life of me understand rte's decision to swap to Larry Gogan golden
    hour during week days!

Has Nikki Hayes been given 2 fingers by RTE? 14 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    85%
    kraggyFiretrapyoucancallmealcatch--22GhandeepatrickcDK47flazioJimboGeneral Zodthebigcheese22L.Jenkins 12 votes
    She was crap anyway so who cares?
    14%
    Fago!2468 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

she was very mouthy... is that the one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

She was crap anyway so who cares?
    She was an awful tart TBH! (Not personally, on the radio)

I hated her! I still do. I always will.
    Can't for the life of me understand rte's decision to swap to Larry Gogan golden
    hour during week days

Jaysus me either. Old fart!

But people do love him, so what would you do?

He's a radio legend. When he dies (If he can die), there will be a national holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Its no harm that she was moved to the weekends. I had to listen to her at work everyday and she just reminded me of a CD playing in the background all the time. Oh, and an obnoxious laugh thrown in there from time to time. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

No
    Barname wrote: »

That's the one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Cant stand her. Too nice and happy all the time with loads of false laughing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Barname wrote: »

If you are talking about female dj's on 2fm or on any Irish National Radio Station, that doesn't really narrow it down at all. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭icanhearjimi

They had to get rid of the fake laugh and oh so sweet cheerfulness. She sounds like she could be in that stupid sitcom Friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'm glad 14 other people think the same way I do. I hate when DJ's try to put on a gimmick of pure niceness. They should just be honest with their listeners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

with loads of false laughing :eek: - makes me CRINGE.

Advertisement