Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insurance/Subsidence

Options
  • 18-01-2010 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

I gather that large areas of the country affected by subsidence/floods are on an insurance blacklist and companies will not quote for new business in these areas. Wondering when the house market revives how this will affect the sale of houses in these areas. I have in mind a purchaser wil have problems in getting home insurance and the mortgage provider will not release funds unless this is in place

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

dewdrop wrote: »
    I gather that large areas of the country affected by subsidence/floods are on an insurance blacklist and companies will not quote for new business in these areas. Wondering when the house market revives how this will affect the sale of houses in these areas. I have in mind a purchaser wil have problems in getting home insurance and the mortgage provider will not release funds unless this is in place

Not necessarily.
    A lot of the insurance blacklists are arbitrary in nature- and have been specified without an accessor ever actually visiting the site.

When the housing market stabilises (I don't think it will ever recover to figures seen during the boom times), obviously those properties perceived to be 'at risk' may very well be wholly unsaleable. There are already estates and apartment blocks around the country that are going to have to be demolished- an unfortunate heritage of the boom......

Advertisement