Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My letter to the FAI

• 18-01-2010 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Last month I sent a piss-take letter to the FAI.
    Registered and all and it was signed for.
    Here is a pic of it (I did sign it, but this is just a screen shot taken from Word and not a scanned image).

Still awaiting my reply!

failetter.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

How strange of you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I'd say its been recycled by now

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

Melion wrote: »
    How strange of you

Yea, was just laughing at the idea of the FAI reading this so me and my mates drafted it up while on a break in college....good for a laugh at lunch time anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I guess you had to be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

No doubt you will be the first to complain about the size of the cost for admin in the FAI annual accounts....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

No doubt you will be the first to complain about the size of the cost for admin in the FAI annual accounts....

Yea I will be:rolleyes:! Looks like you're the one who likes to complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Look, you obviously don't fit into Trap's system, which has worked well so far. And, to be honest, I think your recent performances have been average at best.

Yea I will be:rolleyes:! Looks like you're the one who likes to complain.

What did you expect posting that here? To be carried round the room as the wittiest man ever?

Its not original, its not funny and its a waste of time for the FAI. That letter has to be read, logged and possibly scanned. 15 mins work for someone which probably costs the FAI €10. €10 that could have been spent on a kids coach or put towords a clubhouse. €10 isn't much in the scheme of things, but if 1,000 people waste the FAI's time like that in any given year.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

It'll be alot funnier if he gets a reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Lol :pac: Fair fecks to ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ahh, I thought you actually had a reply to it.

Post reported for lifting up my hopes and then cruelly dashing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Yea, was just laughing at the idea of the FAI reading this[

Yeah its funny...thinking of that FAI administrative person reading it and her thinking about how unfunny it was.

Surely you could have included a few witty lines in there that might have made it funny. Or does the humour lie in the fact that you think the FAI will care?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

What did you expect posting that here? To be carried round the room as the wittiest man ever?

Its not original, its not funny and its a waste of time for the FAI. That letter has to be read, logged and possibly scanned. 15 mins work for someone which probably costs the FAI €10. €10 that could have been spent on a kids coach or put towords a clubhouse. €10 isn't much in the scheme of things, but if 1,000 people waste the FAI's time like that in any given year.....

Get off your high horse, it wasn't that funny to anyone but him and his mates is the main point.

I still love you OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Is that you Johnson?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Meh, it will give them something to do now that they don't have to get croker ready for the Brazil match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

CHD wrote: »
    I still love you OP
    maybe you should make your back garden available to them for international games.
    Apparently they would not gone ahead with Aviva stadium if they had known Croke Park were going to make games available for outside games on a long term basis.

maybe you should make your back garden available to them for international games.
    Apparently they would not gone ahead with Aviva stadium if they had known Croke Park were going to make games available for outside games on a long term basis.
    What are you on about?

CHD wrote: »
    What are you on about?
    There was front page story in Sindo yesterday with GAA reacting to claims made by Delaney saying they only went ahead with Aviva stadium because they were told that Croke Park would not be made available to them for future games.

full story below.
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/gaa-puzzled-by-delaneys-croke-park-claim-2017428.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

someone's been on too much spitit of the 70's.

Suffering from the monday blues i read this expecting some humour, Think I'm worse now. Students Wha!

• Advertisement

There was front page story in Sindo yesterday with GAA reacting to claims made by Delaney saying they only went ahead with Aviva stadium because they were told that Croke Park would not be made available to them for future games.

full story below.
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/gaa-puzzled-by-delaneys-croke-park-claim-2017428.html
    k

full story below.

Jesus bayview what's with the name change? we would have forgiven you in time.

The Muppet wrote: »
    someone's been on too much spitit of the 70's.

Suffering from the monday blues i read this expecting some humour, Think I'm worse now. Students Wha!
    You mean spiwit and bwavado dont you? ;)

Jesus bayview what's with the name change? we would have forgiven you in time.
    thanks for noticing. Needed to shake that one off. SOTS for those to lazy to type the full name out :D

You mean spiwit and bwavado dont you? ;)

:confused: Do I?

Ush1 wrote: »
    Get off your high horse, it wasn't that funny to anyone but him and his mates is the main point.

and my point is that the immaturity of thinking its funny also stretches to thinking he would get hero status on here for posting it.

epic fail on all counts.

thanks for noticing. Needed to shake that one off. SOTS for those to lazy to type the full name out :D

It was nothing, had me worried for a minute as I though we had another deluissonal pool fan to deal with?:p

full story below.

A piece from a Gah correspondent citing Gah hacks the week after they make prize prats of themselves offering Croker to the wrong people having a go at unsourced comments that Delaney is alledged to have made.

Spare me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

A piece from a Gah correspondent citing Gah hacks the week after they make prize prats of themselves offering Croker to the wrong people having a go at unsourced comments that Delaney is alledged to have made.

Spare me.

I know you don't like the GAA much, but there is a lot of truth there, Lansdowne was always going to be redeveloped at a time when money was plentiful, Delaney claiming that the Aviva stadium wouldn't have gone ahead because the GAA wouldn't give them Croker is just "incredible", and the first time I have heard it mentioned.
    Of course ideally it would have been the proper thing to do for all parties involved to share the stadium with a nominal fee paid to the GAA for use of matches, and the money saved from not redeveloping and selling on Lansdowne either used to fund soccer and rugby or a portion given to the GAA to buy a share of the stadium, but we are a complicated little country so common sense was never on the table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

My god, lighten up.
    Students Wha!

Is it not wah! Thats what we use when we are embarrassing one of our mates.

OP, I bloody told you not to take your guitar to the training camp - you only have yourself to blame.

patmac wrote: »
    I know you don't like the GAA much, but there is a lot of truth there, Lansdowne was always going to be redeveloped at a time when money was plentiful, Delaney claiming that the Aviva stadium wouldn't have gone ahead because the GAA wouldn't give them Croker is just "incredible", and the first time I have heard it mentioned.
    Of course ideally it would have been the proper thing to do for all parties involved to share the stadium with a nominal fee paid to the GAA for use of matches, and the money saved from not redeveloping and selling on Lansdowne either used to fund soccer and rugby or a portion given to the GAA to buy a share of the stadium, but we are a complicated little country so common sense was never on the table.

Its the opposite though. This unsourced quote is that Delaney is saying that the Gahliban changed their policy very late in the day, opening Croker to football and rugby on an open ended basis, far too late in the LR project for it to be relevent to the project plan.

I can't see the FAI having pulled out of the project as a result, but I think, if he did say what is being attributed to him by the Gah media, he is asking why the Gah changed the rules on Croker when they changed them knowing full well the FAI and IRFU can't and won't move games there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Nothing like a few ifs, buts and maybes to hoist someone up to the moral high ground.

Lighten up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭hotspur

It's been 6 1/2 weeks since you wrote thattt letter. If that was the funniest thing I had managed since starting to type this message I would be worried (luckily I slipped on a banana skin in between the words "wrote" and "letter").

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Kenteach

Its the opposite though. This unsourced quote is that Delaney is saying that the Gahliban changed their policy very late in the day, opening Croker to football and rugby on an open ended basis, far too late in the LR project for it to be relevent to the project plan.

I can't see the FAI having pulled out of the project as a result, but I think, if he did say what is being attributed to him by the Gah media, he is asking why the Gah changed the rules on Croker when they changed them knowing full well the FAI and IRFU can't and won't move games there.

Delaney is once again making a tool of himself, the man just can't help himself. He made these comments to journalists at the announcement of the Brazil match being played in the Emirates. Completely ignoring the fact that the vote on the opening on Croker in the first place was only taken after the FAI and IRFU confirmed the redevelopment of Lansdowne would be going ahead. How the GAA can take any of the flak for Delaney's incompetence on this matter is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I thought the letter was funny. Nice one op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭glenjamin

orourkeda wrote: »
    <mod edit>
    My god man! You know not everything you read on the internet is true!

It's a spoof letter. I'm gonna take a 'wild' guess here and say the OP has never played for either Rockmount or Rayo Vallecano and that he was just pretending to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

glenjamin wrote: »
    My god man! You know not everything you read on the internet is true!

It's a spoof letter. I'm gonna take a 'wild' guess here and say the OP has never played for either Rockmount or Rayo Vallecano and that he was just pretending to.

NO.WAY?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Last month I sent a piss-take letter to the FAI.
    Registered and all and it was signed for.
    Here is a pic of it (I did sign it, but this is just a screen shot taken from Word and not a scanned image).

Still awaiting my reply!

failetter.jpg

l_e4d4c0077ecb9875bb7ad1eea7581d04.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭glenjamin

noodler wrote: »
    NO.WAY?

I know. I was as shocked as you were.

Kenteach wrote: »
    Delaney is once again making a tool of himself, the man just can't help himself. He made these comments to journalists at the announcement of the Brazil match being played in the Emirates. Completely ignoring the fact that the vote on the opening on Croker in the first place was only taken after the FAI and IRFU confirmed the redevelopment of Lansdowne would be going ahead. How the GAA can take any of the flak for Delaney's incompetence on this matter is beyond me.

This 'debate' is in the context of the GAA trying to put public pressure on the FAI (why I don't know) to move the game from London to Croker because they are finacially in bits.

Delaney simply stated that if the GAA had made their policy of opeing Croker to civilised games forever public before the LR project began, the FAI might have considered a longer term arrangement with Croker and not bought half of LR. But they might not. In other words, he is asking what exactly is the point of the GAA changing the rules on Croker so late in the day and pitching for Brazil home games?

Please explain the incompetence of that position?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Its not original, its not funny and its a waste of time for the FAI. That letter has to be read, logged and possibly scanned. 15 mins work

Lol, that's hilarious. Work in the civil service do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

FAO spiritoftheseventies!

I dont get it wtf is a ventie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

FAO spiritoftheseventies!

I dont get it wtf is a ventie?

lol

its the same as an ightie and an inetie

e.g.
    spirit of these venties
    spirit of thee ighties
    spirit of then ineties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Bloody hell, some people seriously need to chill out and not behave like complete ****wits on this forum.

It was a bit of fun. Get over it.

gimmick wrote: »
    Bloody hell, some people seriously need to chill out and not behave like complete ****wits on this forum.

It was a bit of fun. Get over it.

It was in fairness a bit of fun, but imho not very funny, the OP obviously tought it was and by posting here was looking for an endorsement from his peers, that didnt happen!

Dont see the need for you to accuse ppl of behaving like ****wits!

As for The Venties/Seventies thing I still dont get what was so special about the seventies it was a pretty bad decade with strikes/recession/no colour TV till the Pope came in 79 and major trouble in the north!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The Pope brought colour TV to Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I see barstoolers have started writing letters now. How do their obese fingers manage it? Tis a mystery

The Pope brought colour TV to Ireland?

He brought it to my house and 9 years later Jack Charlton brought the Video, was hoping Trap would deliver HD but twas not to be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Degag wrote: »
    It'll be alot funnier if he gets a reply!

Or a bill for admin costs...

Advertisement