Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who should we buy

Options
  • 18-01-2010 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Hello all. I see that we have been linked with Kenwyne Jones. If Harry is losing faith with Keane and doesn't seem to rate Dos Santos or Pavlyuchenko, who do you reckon we should go for. He seems to like the little and large strikeforce. I think Jones would do well, he is tall, good in the air and quite quick.
    Anyone hear any interesting rumors while over for the Hull game?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

kakee wrote: »
    Hello all. I see that we have been linked with Kenwyne Jones. If Harry is losing faith with Keane and doesn't seem to rate Dos Santos or Pavlyuchenko, who do you reckon we should go for. He seems to like the little and large strikeforce. I think Jones would do well, he is tall, good in the air and quite quick.
    Anyone hear any interesting rumors while over for the Hull game?
    I would start crying if we bought Jones. We just sold his quicker, more experienced, more lethal strike partner!! AND he'd probably cost more!

You could argue we need 1 more CB as cover (rumours of a Danish CB today) or 1 more CM cover (Sandro, probably in the summer now). But they wouldn't really have much impact on our chances.

I would only make a change if they can make a significant difference to us - for me that would be, if fit, Van Nistelrooy (rumoured to be going to Galatasray today).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I would start crying if we bought Jones. We just sold his quicker, more experienced, more lethal strike partner!! AND he'd probably cost more!

You could argue we need 1 more CB as cover (rumours of a Danish CB today) or 1 more CM cover (Sandro, probably in the summer now). But they wouldn't really have much impact on our chances.

I would only make a change if they can make a significant difference to us - for me that would be, if fit, Van Nistelrooy (rumoured to be going to Galatasray today).

These are exactly my thoughts. No to Jones!! CB, CM, and if we can, a proven goal-poacher like RvN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

the RVN story seems to have legs. would be a great signing. he is the kind of player who would scored one against hull at the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

mickman wrote: »
    the RVN story seems to have legs. would be a great signing. he is the kind of player who would scored one against hull at the weekend

spot on. cmon Levy get your wallet out :D

• Advertisement

I don't think i have ever seen such a quiet transfer window it's crazy

will prob be some movement in the last few days. hutton and pav out. rvn in, that would do nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Huntelaar seems to want out of Madrid also. A nice loan deal for him would be a great bit of business.

huntelaar is at milan

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

mickman wrote: »
    huntelaar is at milan

Apologies Mickman you are of course correct. But he is a class player and would be a welcome addition to our team if we can get rid of Pav.

• Advertisement

Redknapp is interested but only if pav goes
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5871212,00.html
    Harry Redknapp admits he is interested in Ruud Van Nistelrooy but would only move for the Dutchman if he could offload Roman Pavlyuchenko.
    The Real Madrid striker has been linked with a loan move to Tottenham recently and the Spurs manager seems keen to offer the front man a return to the Premier League.
    The former Manchester United hit-man has fallen down the pecking order at Real after a string of long-term injuries and finds himself behind the likes of Gonzalo Higuain, Karim Benzema,spacer.gifCristiano Ronaldo,spacer.gif Kaka and Raul.
    However Redknappspacer.gif admitted that possessing five strikers was not an option and accepted that a move for the 33-year-old would not happen unless someone came in for want-away striker Pavlyuchenko.
    "He is interesting," he stated.
    "I wouldn't sit here and say it isn't of interest but again it would depend what the deal is because the chairman would deal with that side of the business.
    Interesting player

"But he is an interesting player. He was a fantastic player in England and he has been a great player over the years and is a great goalscorer and if he was available it could be of interest and that's about as far as it's gone.
    "I wouldn't want to say no we're not interested and then two weeks down the line we go and do something. I wouldn't do that to you, that isn't right.
    "It's not impossible that if it was right we could be interested.
    "I think Pav is looking to move. I look at him out there in training this morning and think he was tremendous his goalscoring and everything else.
    "Only if someone came in and he decided to go and he wanted to go and it was a good offer otherwise it wouldn't be possible.
    "I couldn't end up with five strikers, it's difficult enough with four because they are all very good and I like them all.
    "I find it hard leaving one of them out of the picture more than I would like to, it's not easy so I wouldn't be looking to have five strikers."
    No bid

Redknapp also reiterated that the club had not bid for Manchester United goalkeeper Ben Fosterspacer.gif as was reported on Monday.
    "We have never ever made an offer for Ben Foster so I wouldn't have a clue where that came from," he pointed out.
    "He is a good goalkeeper don't get me wrong but I'm looking for a back up goalkeeper, I have got a first choice goalkeeper here.
    "I've got (Heurelho) Gomes and he is my number one goalkeeper and I have been delighted with him so I am looking for somebody to come in to be a number two.
    "Ben Foster would want to go to the World Cupspacer.gif the same as David Jamesspacer.gif would want to go to the World Cup and they don't want to come here and sit on the bench as a number two goalkeeper so we never made any offer."

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

rvn would be an outstanding purchase getting on but he knows where the posts are he could add another 10 goals and always has a knack of scoring in tight games get him in.

Advertisement