Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right, Left, Right, Left, Repeat

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Have been suffering with really sore legs since Wednesday so took 3 days off totally, no cross training or anything.
    No pain this morning so headed out for a 6 mile loop. Felt good and strong again, nice to actually have my own legs back again.
    Time to put some bit of a training plan together to get me to Waterford.

Will make up my mind on connemara this week as well.

Distance: 6
    Pace: 8:29
    Weather: dry and cold
    General Feeling : good
    Weekly Total
    Miles : 13
    Runs : 3

Monthly Total
    Miles : 13

Starting some sort of training to get me through to Waterford. Going to play around a bit with the last weeks of a Hal Higdon programme and see how it goes.

This morning 4 miles easy. A little soreness around the knees but aoart from that everythign felt grand.

Distance: 4
    Pace: 8:45
    Weekly Total
    Miles : 4
    Runs : 1

Monthly Total
    Miles : 17
    Runs : 4

Saturday. Wasn't a good week training with travelling from work. 5 miles this morning at a quickish pace. Felt really sluggish though. Much more of a struggle than it should have been. Think it was just travelling catching up on me.

Distance: 5
    Pace: 7:58
    General Feeling : sluggish
    Weekly Total
    Miles : 9
    Runs : 2

Monthly Total
    Miles : 22
    Runs : 5

Yesterday. Longest run since Dublin. 10 miles at a nice handy pace. Felt pretty good really. Picked the pace up a little for 2 miles in the middle. My legs seem to be pretty much back to normal again.

Distance: 10
    Pace: 8:54
    Weekly Total
    Miles : 19

Monthly Total
    Miles : 32
    Runs : 6

5 miles this morning. Strange run, couldn't get going early on and felt like turning early. Got a good blast of a breeze in off the sea then that just seemed to wake me up. Kept going to the turn and actually enjoyed the run back in. Bit all over the shop pace wise though, not sure if it was actually a productive run.

Distance: 5
    Pace: 8:51
    Weather: dry and breezy
    General Feeling : ok
    Weekly Total
    Miles : 5

Monthly Total
    Miles : 37
    Runs : 7

• Advertisement

Last night was fun. Really didnt feel like going out, wind and rain lashing against the window. Had arranged to meet some friends for a run though so off out the door with me. As usual wasn't actually as bad once we got going. 3 easy miles to start with at over 9 min miles with 3 at around 8:30's to finish. Felt great at the end. There is something childishly enjoyable about splashing through puddles on dark country lanes when all normal people are tucked up in front of the fire :D

Distance: 6.1
    Pace: 8:48
    Weather: wet and windy
    General Feeling : great
    Weekly Total
    Miles : 11.1

Monthly Total
    Miles : 43.1
    Runs : 8

Nice handy 4 miles at lunch. Ran a different route for a change. Felt a little heavy legged again but nothing major. Still pretty windy out there.

Weather: showers and windy
    Weekly Total
    Miles : 15.1

Monthly Total
    Miles : 47.1
    Runs : 9

Saturday. 5.5 miles at a good pace. My god it was cold out though. Drove to meet some friends and forgot to put the gloves and hat in the car. Made the first mile tough until I warmed up but nice after that. Picked up the pace each mile to finish with a 7:20

Distance: 5.5
    Pace: 8:04
    Weather: cold
    Weekly Total
    Miles : 20.6

Monthly Total
    Miles : 52.6
    Runs : 10

Yesterday. Had to get up in the dark to get my long run in as had a busy day. Didnt feel like it at all. Still got out the door in the frost and really enjoyed it in the end. Couple of really slow miles to tart with (9:30's) before picking it up. Finished with 2 miles at 8:00 pace. Felt great watching the sun come up over a frosty landscape. Had remembered the hat and gloves this time though :)

Distance: 11
    Pace: 8:56
    Weather: cold, bright, clear
    Weekly Total
    Miles : 31.6

Monthly Total
    Miles : 63.6
    Runs : 11

Reckoned it was time to mix things up a little and get back to running some intervals. 1 mike warmup 4X800 intervals with 2 mins recovery then a mile jog back to the office.
    Found the session tough but enjoyable. Didnt quiet hit the 3:30 per interval that I was hoping for but reasonable happy given I hadn't done any in a long time and never 800s

Beautiful morning for a run.

Intervals were 3:35, 3:43, 3:38, 3:37

Distance: 4.85
    Pace: 8:16 overall
    Weather: cold, bright, clear
    Weekly Total
    Miles :4.85

Monthly Total
    Miles : 68.45
    Runs : 12

• Advertisement

Last night. 6.2 miles on some pretty slippy roads in places. apart from nearly falling 3 or 4 times it was very enjoyable. Beautiful clear night that I didnt even need the head torch, the moonlight was plenty to see by. Couldn't push the pace as much as I had planned though, didnt weant to wind up on my face.

Distance: 6.2
    Pace: 8:37
    Weather: cold, frosty, clear
    Weekly Total
    Miles :11.05

Monthly Total
    Miles : 74.65
    Runs : 13

4 miles recovery this morning and again roads and paths were very slippy. Planty of grass to run on though so wasn't too bad. Beautiful morning for it though.

Pace: 8:59
    Weekly Total
    Miles :15.05

Monthly Total
    Miles : 78.65
    Runs : 14

Last week was a disaster.

2 runs to catch up on

Saturday 27th 8 miles on slippy roads and forrest trails.

Distance: 8
    Pace: 8:49
    Weekly Total
    Miles :23.05

Monthly Total
    Miles : 86.65
    Runs : 15

No running at all last week until I managed 8 miles on the treadmill.
    I hate the treadmill. Still at least it got me doing ds omething. Any thought of a good time in Waterford are long gone.

Maybe the week off will do me good in the long run.

Distance: 8
    Pace: 8:35
    Weather: Indoor
    Weekly Total
    Miles :8

Monthly Total
    Miles : 8

Nothing at all last week again.

I did get to spend a lot of time thinking about where I have come and what I have left to do for next year. I realised that DCM had taken a lot more mentally out of me than I realised. I have definitely lost focus since. My time was good but I did fall apart over the closing stages and that has hit my confidence.

So time to get out of the rut and give myself a good kick in the backside. Changed entry for Connemara from Half to Full and training starts today. 17 weeks to go. No more excuses.

Im not going to set a target time yet this will be more about running sensibly.

3 miles comfortable. Was really nice to be back on the roads again, even if there were some icy patches around.

Distance: 3
    Pace: 8:30
    Weather: Cold bright breezy
    Weekly Total
    Miles :3

Monthly Total
    Miles : 11

30 min tempo run today. 10 min warm up, 12 mins at avg 7:30 getting up to 7 min miles top end. 8 min cool down then.

Felt tough enough on the legs. Seemed to be getting some shin splints during the warm up but they went once I picked up the pace. Legs didnt seem to have a lot of spring in them though.

Distance: 3.78
    Pace: 8:15
    Weather: Cold bright breezy
    Weekly Total
    Miles :6.78

Monthly Total
    Miles : 14.78

Last night 5K recovery on the treadmill at the gym. Felt like it would never end.

Distance: 3.1
    Weather: Indoor
    Weekly Total
    Miles :9.88

Monthly Total
    Miles : 17.88

Supposed to be a 3 mile PMP run this mornign but I just couldnt get up to pace at all. Wind wasnt helping, but it really was more in my legs. Still I strangely enjoyed the struggle.

Distance: 3
    Pace: 8:27
    Weather: Windy
    Weekly Total
    Miles :12.88

Monthly Total
    Miles : 20.88

Advertisement