Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Avensis oil consumption problem

Options
  • 18-01-2010 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Folks,
    I own a anvensis 04, and consumes around 2 litters of Oil per 1000 km. I was told that Avensis has this problem.
    Is it true or my car is heap of dirt! what could be possibly wrong with it.

Sorry folks, I meant oil
    -- 1.8 tx-3
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

leom wrote: »
    Folks,
    I own a anvensis 04, and consumes around 2 litters of fuel per 1000 km. I was told that Avensis has this problem.
    Is it true or my car is heap of dirt! what could be possibly wrong with it.
    I think you might have your figures mixed up. That's a pretty good problem to have!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Perhaps the OP meant to say oil??

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭leom

mfitzy wrote: »
    Perhaps the OP meant to say oil??
    Sorry OIL:D

david wrote: »
    I think you might have your figures mixed up. That's a pretty good problem to have!
    Sorry :confused: OIL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

leom wrote: »
    Sorry :confused: OIL
    which engine is it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

I know two people with the same problems as you. I don't think that the car goes through quite as much oil as that, but I will check later on.
    The Avensis definitely consumes oil at a higher rate than other cars, for sure.
    The engine I am talking about is the 1.6 btw. (In both cases)

david wrote: »
    which engine is it

1.8 tx-3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

You should get on to toyota. The older engines had this problem an my 01 1.6 was done under warranty in 2007 with 83k miles on it.
    All they asked for was a copy of the invoices for the last 3 services.

Worth a try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

The 1.8 is known for it, if you have a full Toyota service history in the UK they replace the engine under warranty once consumption reaches a certain level.

Advertisement