Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about grants

• 18-01-2010 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

1st year here, so you get your grant in 3 stages (i know you never get ur installments on time), but when are you supposed to get them?.

september?, ..............then when the other 2?.......

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

No idea, maybe someone else here might know...

You should go into the student desk in the tierny building and ask there. They should be able to answer any question you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Jaybl

Second one Normally comes towards the end of January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Second one late January, and then the third one usually around mid March!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Assuming the grant is there is it just a matter of going to the student desk and picking it up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Assuming the grant is there is it just a matter of going to the student desk and picking it up?

Yes. Here's the dates of cheques coming in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

El Siglo wrote: »

And back to the waiting game and constantly checking of that page.

kateos2 wrote: »
    And back to the waiting game and constantly checking of that page.

It's nice if you're receiving your grant from one of the Dublin local authorities or the Dublin VEC, they're get theirs paid directly into their bank accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Jaybl

It's nice if you're receiving your grant from one of the Dublin local authorities or the Dublin VEC, they're get theirs paid directly into their bank accounts.
    Yeah its miles better. Dont have to go and cash the chequeue which makes things easier and quicker.

Jaybl wrote: »
    Yeah its miles better. Dont have to go and cash the chequeue which makes things easier and quicker.

And safer, it's really unnerving sometimes going around with €1,200 in your bag. Also, it takes the role of the college out of the picture and frees up their time and services. I honestly think county councils are run by mindless robots! I'm just thankful for the money!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

ah theres sligo lagging behind as always!

• Advertisement

Got a surprise there...

No the cheque didn't arrive, but I got a letter from the county council saying that the government took 5% of my grant because of the budget cuts. Fucking bastards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Jaybl wrote: »

No matter how it comes i've never found free money inconvenient ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Jonathan_UCD

Hey, just wondering has anyone from Dublin County Council got their maintence grant yet? Just wondering as this is the time where I need it most :(

Hey, just wondering has anyone from Dublin County Council got their maintence grant yet? Just wondering as this is the time where I need it most :(

No such thing as "Dublin County Council". If you mean one of the four local authorities, then it's paid into your account. If it's County Dublin VEC then it isn't in yet. [URL="Co. Dublin VEChttp://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/maintenance_cheques.htm"]Read this.[/URL]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Jonathan_UCD

No such thing as "Dublin County Council". If you mean one of the four local authorities, then it's paid into your account. If it's County Dublin VEC then it isn't in yet. Read this.
    Cheers. Dam abbrevations. I knew it was DCC. So Dublin County Council came to my head. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

Hey I know we Dubliners get it directly into our student bank account but when!?!?

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/maintenance_cheques.htm

I read the above but it does not specify any date. Anyone got it yet?

Advertisement