Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fasta pasta

Options
  • 18-01-2010 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Anyone got one of these? Any good? I make pasta maybe once a fortnight (if that) so it's not much of a stretch to do it the old fashioned way with a pot of water, but I've been hearing good things about the consistency and taste of fasta cooked pasta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

What is it?!

If its fast cooking pasta, then its just evil. 10 mins approx for normal pasta is hardly a long time to wait.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

That's pretty much it, container to microwave pasta (yeah, I know, I know). Like I said, I make pasta some rarely, it's not a major hardship doing the old fashioned way, but I'd heard good things about the taste of fasta cooked pasta, so just wanted to check.

I think the lack of response on this thread (yours notwithstanding) is evidence enough that the fasta pasta is a gadget I can do without.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I knew I'd seen mention of it before in this forum. It's here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62402789&postcount=9

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That's crazy ... if you look on their website and look at the cooking times for, say spaghetti, it's 14-15 mins. You could boil the water in a pan and cook for the normal time (7-8 mins) and actually be slightly quicker I reckon. And all the other supposed benefits put forward on the site are just completely spurious. Only a complete idiot burns their pasta or spills it while draining it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I knew I'd seen mention of it before in this forum. It's here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62402789&postcount=9

On a thread started by myself no less :o
    Alun wrote: »
    That's crazy ... if you look on their website and look at the cooking times for, say spaghetti, it's 14-15 mins. You could boil the water in a pan and cook for the normal time (7-8 mins) and actually be slightly quicker I reckon. And all the other supposed benefits put forward on the site are just completely spurious. Only a complete idiot burns their pasta or spills it while draining it.

Yeah, it's all a bit "late night teleshopping", but I had read elsewhere that the resulting pasta was consistently good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

The only advantage I would see is that it cooks on a timer that beeps when its done. (I set the timer on my cooker every time I drop pasta or rice into a pot of boiling water, and it beeps at me when the time's up, which pretty much has the same effect.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

corblimey wrote: »
    Yeah, it's all a bit "late night teleshopping", but I had read elsewhere that the resulting pasta was consistently good.

Do you have trouble cooking pasta well consistently? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I hate the thought of pasta cooking in plastic.There's something nice about a big pot of pasta on the hob.
    And I bet the microwave gets really steamed up - I'd rather wash a pot than wipe that out.

Advertisement