Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florida to Cuba....

Options
  • 18-01-2010 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Hi
    does anyone know how difficult it is to travel from the states to Cuba??

The price of flights seems very expensive, does that have anything to do with the embargo the US has with Cuba? Or can you travel on a boat across??

Any info appreciated...

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Roonbox wrote: »
    Hi
    does anyone know how difficult it is to travel from the states to Cuba??

The price of flights seems very expensive, does that have anything to do with the embargo the US has with Cuba? Or can you travel on a boat across??

Any info appreciated...

cheers

I didnt think there was any travel options from the US to Cuba because of the embargo.

If you're planning on going from Ireland I'd avoid the US altogether and stop in Canada or the bahamas?

Its actually a crime for a US citizen to travel to cuba. My american girlfriend and I were looking into it and its fine for me but a crime for her, how crazy is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tpotter

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I didnt think there was any travel options from the US to Cuba because of the embargo.

If you're planning on going from Ireland I'd avoid the US altogether and stop in Canada or the bahamas?

This is correct. If you even mention that you intend to goto Cuba, the airlines are required to not sell you a ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

No boats across to Cuba and only chartered planes from the US. Unless you are an American citizen it does not affect you. You can leave America and go to Cancun or Jamaica and to Cuba from there without any problems of entering the US in the future. The Cubans will not stamp your passport anyways. I'm speaking from experience. Been to Cuba a few times and i've been back to the US countless amounts of times as a green card holder.

Advertisement