Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion Add ons

• 18-01-2010 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

Are the two extra oblivion packs (shivering isles and kinghts of the nine) worth getting? I was thinking of picking up the GOTY edition since it's pretty cheap ATM and playing through again, but only if the extra content is worht the effort

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Well, I'm a bit late to the scene, but I'll give my opinion anyway.

If you enjoyed the rest of the first one, I'd say you'd like the shivering isles. Knights of the nine isn't very long. Only about as long as half a faction, not bad but not huge on content. The shivering isles is much longer with maybe thirty or so quests and a large addition of landmass. Took me at least a week to get through the bulk of it, spending a lot of time on it, but also taking my time. I quite like some of the missions, entertaining and unique (dislike others due to limited choice); some very nice weapons and a very different world to Cyrodiil and Oblivion (kind of like morrowind with new graphics as some people say). Plenty of new creatures and spells.

I think you get a decent amount of game in the shivering isles, and if you liked the original, the you'll probably like the expansion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

well if its for the pc id get it cause you can play through KOTN and shivering isles then start getting user created mods which can add dozens of hours on to the game. But one thing i found with shivering isles is it was very boring, visually i mean. I couldnt wait to get back to cyrodiil

Advertisement