Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Print Auction for Haiti

• 18-01-2010 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭

I have put a few prints up for auction on Pix.ie in aid of a very good cause run by a fellow Covey in Haiti. I have tagged them "printauctionforhaiti". Maybe some others might like to put up a print or two as well?

Bids welcome of course :D

http://pix.ie/covey/album/323032

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Well done Covey, hope you are successful in this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Thanks, anyone else care to offer a print or two just use the same tag.

Have added 2 to it...

Some lovely shots up for auction now

http://pix.ie/explore/tag/printauctionforhaiti

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

Covey wrote: »
    I have put a few prints up for auction on Pix.ie in aid of a very good cause run by a fellow Covey in Haiti. I have tagged them "printauctionforhaiti". Maybe some others might like to put up a print or two as well?

Bids welcome of course
    :D

http://pix.ie/covey/album/323032

Apart from putting one of mine up for auction, how does one bid for a print? Just by posting a comment or is there a more formal system?

nilhg wrote: »
    Apart from putting one of mine up for auction, how does one bid for a print? Just by posting a comment or is there a more formal system?

Just post in the comments section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

good man Covey - I'm looking into some small way of helping myself

A few nice prints there Barry :). All goes straight to Gena in Haiti, no admin fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

Thats a nice one, who took it and if i win is it a one off?

http://pix.ie/kensutz/1240905/in/explore/tag/printauctionforhaiti

• Advertisement

Sticky;);)

A few nice prints there Barry :). All goes straight to Gena in Haiti, no admin fees.

I'm selling a few framed images in a gallery in Waterford, probably give proceeds to Goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

jetski wrote: »
    Thats a nice one, who took it and if i win is it a one off?

http://pix.ie/kensutz/1240905/in/explore/tag/printauctionforhaiti

Came from kensutz so it's moi! :D

thebaz wrote: »
    I'm selling a few framed images in a gallery in Waterford, probably give proceeds to Goal

Whereabouts in Waterford?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

thebaz wrote: »

In Witolds gallery??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Oooh nice. We'll give this a bit of notice/a push for you, if you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niamh86

kensutz wrote: »

Love that photo! I'll be keeping an eye on the bids for it.:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Have Stickied this for the moment.

Added a few myself.

Darragh wrote: »
    Oooh nice. We'll give this a bit of notice/a push for you, if you like?

Do or else we'll send the hounds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Have put some up too: http://pix.ie/Valentia/tag/printauctionforhaiti

If anyone wants to bid for any of my others just fire ahead and mention it on whichever place you see it, blog or whatever.

Well done Covey for the plan. Excellent idea. Was looking for a surefire way where the money would go to the frontline.

• Advertisement

Thanks all.

There are 12 great photographers offering prints at the moment. Lots of different styles and topics, so something for everyone. Please bid, nothing is to small,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Hey Covey,

Can you drop me a PM or email to darragh[at]boards.ie with details of all this and how people can help or get involved? Sorry to ask, but bleary eyed having been in since early...

Doesn't have to be anything complicated, just basic details and links etc :)

Darragh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Maybe there should be a minimum reserve set?

CabanSail wrote: »
    Maybe there should be a minimum reserve set?

Don't see why there should really. The photographer is bascially donating the cost of printing and postage and the buyer gets a print, makes a donation to a good cause and might even get a bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

http://pix.ie/vlastik/tag/printauctionforhaiti

I will be honored to join you in such wonderful endeavor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

This is a great idea! Delighted to contribute in any way I can :)

Ballyman wrote: »
    In Witolds gallery??

yep - Lismore Gallery, Co. Waterford -

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Great idea Covey - just started tagging a few of mine. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

on the pix.ie search or on the description of the image there needs to be some idea of how people can 'bid' (presumably using the comment facility).

Some people have tagged their photographs but not given any idea as to how to bid. If non boardsie's go looking at the pixie search then they may be left clueless as to how to bid if the photographer doesn't give instructions under the image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Perhaps it would be worth geting Marcus involved also? This is somehting that could/should appear on the pix.ie blog?

Would love to add a few myself, for what they're worth. Will add some tags later.

Thanks for all the pics and bids.

Marcus is aware of this and is supportive btw.

If posters of pics wouldn't mind putting up details of their auction i.e. end date, print size and type etc in the pic description or comment.

To bid just comment on the photo.

For anyone not a member of pixie they can email me at tommie (dot) lehane (at) gmail (dot) com or PM me on boards and I'll insert the bid on their behalf.

More than €500 bid on day one, so all the help much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/01/haiti_six_days_later.html

Some pictures of Haiti 6 days later from the boston globe.

Hope everybody taking part thus far raise a decent amount of money, will see if I can put a print up for sale too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Please remember that all bids are valid, regardless of value. Some great shots to be had up there now.

Friends, family, work colleagues can email me bids if not on pixie.

Thanks for all the bids.

Gena was on the RTE 6One News today. For an up to date view of where your donations will go its on the player from 11:45 mins in.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1064543

• Advertisement

kensutz wrote: »

where do u bid and whats it starting at? €10?

You bid by putting it in the comments on the Image.

The amount is up to you, but make it a realistic bid.

Started bidding at €10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

Thanks everyone again. Bids now stand at over €800, fantastic.

Plenty of time to get your bids in still, most auctions are ending 31/1.

I'm getting quite a few email bids from non-pixie people , so keep spreading the word to your friends family etc. Anyone can email me a bid to tommie(dot)lehane(at)gmail(dot)com

Thanks to all for both the photos and bids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Hello, I am going to amend the information on my PIX.IE.
    Printing and mounting will be done by STSC (well known here) 15x10 print in 20x16 mount for €25 shipping costs, if I could not deliver in person.

If you bid below the €25, I presume that your bid is going to be added to the price. If you bid above the level, your bid stands as it is.

• Advertisement

Update:

Over €1000 bid so far, which is fantastic. Please spread the word and more bids (and photos) more than welcome. Email bids more than welcome.

More exposure here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Fair play to ye, great idea. Hopefully with a bit more coverage ye can get a lot more.

plonk wrote: »
    Fair play to ye, great idea. Hopefully with a bit more coverage ye can get a lot more.

Plonk your bid in somewhere :D Photos on auction are here ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Ya bidded on 2, I bid 25 but to me that means 25 for haiti and 25 for http://pix.ie/kensutz/1240903/in/explore/tag/printauctionforhaiti. So its really 50 the way your doing it I think.

plonk wrote: »
    Ya bidded on 2, I bid 25 but to me that means 25 for haiti and 25 for http://pix.ie/kensutz/1240903/in/explore/tag/printauctionforhaiti. So its really 50 the way your doing it I think.

Thanks, no the prints are being kindly provided by the photographers and the full 100% of the bid goes to Haiti.

No money will be going to me. All going to the Haiti fund.

Update:

Over €1000 bid so far, which is fantastic. Please spread the word and more bids (and photos) more than welcome. Email bids more than welcome.

More exposure here

Great stuff!! Must poke a few people and see if this Facebook lark has a purpose. How can I annoy everyone of my "friends" on Facebook???

And also, if anyone wants to bid on any of my photos fire ahead. As said 100% will go straight to Gena's work in Haiti.

Same offer applies to any of my photos, either on pixie or on the blog.

Sent an email to the local paper, dont know if they will do anything but its worth a shot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement