Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Street Fighter 4 on PC

Options
  • 18-01-2010 1:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

I've heard murmers on this board that SSIV may not be released on the PC, yet 1UP.com includes SF4 on its PC preview news?

http://www.1up.com/do/platform?did=11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

What murmers?

Maybe you are thinking that it won't be released at the same time as the console version like SFIV for PC was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yeah if it does get a release it'll be a good six months or so later. I don't think SF4 on the PC did very well so they wont be in a rush to get it released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

If they made it so you could play on XBL it would walk off the shelves!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hey, there's been no confirmation of an ARCADE release either! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

This gets my hopes up about 1% more but I dunno. Did SFIV on the pc do badly? There seems to be a lot of players. Easier to get games on the PC version compared to the Ps3 anyway.

I hope they do I really do, I'll be raging if they don't. I do expect a delay but there feckin better be an eventual release. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Hey, there's been no confirmation of an ARCADE release either! :(

I'm fairly sure I remember some unhappy posters at Kotaku from SF fans about there being no SSFV Arcade unit. Possibly not outside Japan, possibly none at all. If I find the story I'll post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Yeah early on they said there will be no arcade release. Since then there's been hints that they really want to release it on the arcades but nothing will be decided until the console version is out.

There's be nothing regarding the pc version though, no comments that I'm aware of. But I've not been keeping up to date on these things at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

I wasn't even aware SF was ever popular on PC. Seems to be a lot of people playing SF on 360 though, with the lack of good beat em ups, 360 popularity, and the fact that Tekken isn't out long. Have you tried there? Better pad too. Imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Assuming the engine overhaul isn't too massive, I don't see why Capcom don't produce a simple software upgrade for the Taito X2 arcade units, like Arc System Works' BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger -> Continuum Shift upgrades.

It's just a harddrive with software & a USB security dongle anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I saw an interview with Seth saying it will only be on PS3 and Xbox at Launch. Who knows when it'll be out on PC tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement