Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 repair taking impossibly long

• 18-01-2010 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

Is there any way we can enforce repair conditions from o2? They have our phone for 7 weeks now and they haven't even given us a quote - the procedure is that with more expensive repairs you get the quote then you decide if you want to go ahead with the repair.

It's an out of warranty repair (cracked screen, bf dropped the phone three days after we bought it from o2) but they claim they repair phones within a week or two, another week for an advanced smartphone model when they have to send it abroad. Ours was sent to UK on Nov 25 and we haven't heard anything since.

Is there anything we can do apart from pestering them with phone calls (no one knows anything)? We have data plan we have not been using for all those weeks but we are still paying for it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

o2 do not repair phones, Phone repair companys repair phones, ask o2 which phone repair company your phone is with and then call them. As your phone was physically damaged the phone repair company probably has your phone but won't fix it until it's paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

o2 do not repair phones, Phone repair companys repair phones, ask o2 which phone repair company your phone is with and then call them. As your phone was physically damaged the phone repair company probably has your phone but won't fix it until it's paid for.

This makes sense on the surface but in this case everything goes through "o2 repairs", the quote-then-repair thing is their own procedure and we are not given any other details or avenues. We were asked to keep checking a link where the phone is listed as "in inspection" all this time. We are absolutely willing to pay but we can't extract the information how much and if the phone can be fixed at all - perhaps it can't?

herya wrote: »
    This makes sense on the surface but in this case everything goes through "o2 repairs", the quote-then-repair thing is their own procedure and we are not given any other details or avenues. We were asked to keep checking a link where the phone is listed as "in inspection" all this time. We are absolutely willing to pay but we can't extract the information how much and if the phone can be fixed at all - perhaps it can't?

don't mind o2, your phone is with one of the irish repair companys, do you know the IMEI, there's really only 2 or 3 places they would have sent it to, o2 just send it to the repair company on your behalf, if it's just a cracked screen and no liquid damage it's an easy fix.

Ask them again where they sent it, are you dealing with a shop or o2 online?

don't mind o2, your phone is with one of the irish repair companys, do you know the IMEI, there's really only 2 or 3 places they would have sent it to, o2 just send it to the repair company on your behalf, if it's just a cracked screen and no liquid damage it's an easy fix.

Ask them again where they sent it, are you dealing with a shop or o2 online?

It was sent to UK to Palm (it's a Palm Pre), I presume noone has Pre replacement screens here. We gave it to the shop (but they "have no updates in the system") and also tried to chase it with o2 customer support (same situation). At first we were told that it's going to take a week, then they added another week. But it's 7 weeks now and it's not even inspected yet...

herya wrote: »
    It was sent to UK to Palm (it's a Palm Pre), I presume noone has Pre replacement screens here. We gave it to the shop (but they "have no updates in the system") and also tried to chase it with o2 customer support (same situation). At first we were told that it's going to take a week, then they added another week. But it's 7 weeks now and it's not even inspected yet...

Did you call plam, they would should be able to track the imei on their system, the quote could be expensive, have you thougt of getting someone you know to do it for you...

have a look here then you need on of these

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

7 Weeks!!

Thats not right, can you PM me the details surrounding the repair i.e. the ref number and I will look into it this afternoon.

Did you call plam, they would should be able to track the imei on their system,

I'll try this if Daryll won't be able to help, thanks for the tip!
    the quote could be expensive, have you thougt of getting someone you know to do it for you... have a look here then you need on of these

We preferred to have it done professionally even if it costs more but now we just want it back :)
    7 Weeks!!

Thats not right, can you PM me the details surrounding the repair i.e. the ref number and I will look into it this afternoon.

Cheers Daryll, I'll PM you the docket number. Much appreciated.

I'm happy to report that thanks to Daryll's help we received the quote and we proceed with the repair... Thank you Daryll :)

Advertisement