Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

self catering holiday home accommodation

• 18-01-2010 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi all!

I'm looking for self catering holiday home accommodation in Clare for about 40 people. We are a musical society that is planning a rehearsal weekend away. We are looking at the weekend of the 19th of February. I know there are loads of web pages that will show various homes, however it’s hard to get a feel for what these places are like from their online descriptions. For example we will be travelling by bus and will require a shop, pub and a space for rehearsals within walking distance of the accommodation. The rehearsal space can be anything from a local community hall to a hotel function room.

Any suggestions are welcome.
    Thanking you,
    James

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

Holiday homes for 40 people in the same village is a bit difficult.
    I think Lahinch has the most holiday homes and will meet your needs re shops, pubs etc.

You could try the Burren College of Art: http://www.burrencollege.ie/facilities/accommodation.html
    They might be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Grandpa35

James

I'll be staying in Doonbeg for the month of February. If you wouldn't mind an "audience of one" could you post when and where you will be rehearsing?

You might contact Michael at: doonbeghc@eircom.net He has self-catering cottages.

Gpa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 charline

Hi James,

My Friend Orla is running the Kilfenora Hostel, it is right beside the vaughan's pub in Kilfenora village.
    There is set dancing in the barn every thursdays and sundays and musicians are usually welcome to play in the pub.

PM me if you want contact details.

Charline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

You should call Falls Hotel, Ennistymon. They have large number of self catering units on the grounds. Free access to pool, sauna, etc. Prob get free room for practice. WI FI and all of that. Sister and husband and kids lust spent 10 days there. Very happy with it.

Ask for John McCarthy, and you will be able to drive a good bargain!!! Tel 065 7071004.

Advertisement