Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mike Murphy Radio Show End Music (80's)

• 18-01-2010 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭

This is one for people of a certain age. Mike Murphy used to have a radio show on Radio 1 that would finish ,I think, at 8 am. Every morning he finished the show with the same piece of music. It was a martial type marching song, sung in German, I have a memory he called it "Edelweiss" one morning. It's seared in my consciousness as it was the song that would be on when I got up to go to school for what seemed like years. Anyone any idea what it was called, who sang it etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

Hi Klaus,
    I'm not 100 per cent sure (or even 74% for that matter) but I think that German marching song is called "Erika", which a bit like Edelweiss may be in praise of some Alpine flower or other. Have a google of "Erika" and see if it turns up any recording of it.

Regards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

I think this was it

More 70 than 80s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

No,
    I think this is it....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgE_ioMMCM8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Hearing Erika brings me back 20 odd years to when I worked in a certain branch of a certain bank. That song was our manager's favourite and occasionally he would play it at full volume over the tannoy system. Not while the customers were there thank God! It was like being in the middle of a complete panzer regiment. The building would shake with the noise!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭patscott27

Way late onto this. I seem to remember that before telly wud start on rte the test card transmission had Erika on its pre programme playlist. Wish someone could confirm this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Advertisement