Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Tom 730 Problem

Options
  • 18-01-2010 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if anyone might be able to help me with a problem I'm having. I'm using a Tom Tom Go 730 and a Blackberry 8900 and I am having real problem trying to use the hands free feature of the Tom Tom. I can get them to pair and work fine, but as soon as I power off the sat nav and power it back on it will not connect. I used the reset button on the Tom Tom and then set up the connection again but it takes a few minutes to do this and I cant afford to do this each time I get in my car. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated . Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Bluetooth on TomToms is fraught with issues.
    Have you either the phone or the device paired with any other devices.
    Are you having the same issue if you power the phone off /on?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭gar44

Yes the 8900 is paired with wi fi and other phones and the tom tom has previously been paired with other phones. I've reset the tom tom so that it had no other connections, but i need my phone to be paired with other devices (although not at the same time), Any advice on things to try.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I found a fresh pairing sometimes solved problems.
    Possibly try deleting all phone pairings & see if you get it working .
    Then add pairing one ny one & see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭gar44

yes I've done this and it does work to get them reconnected, but the problem is that when I power either of them off and back on they wont pair again without doing the whole reseting etc every time

Its an ongoing problem with TT I'm afraid.
    I still have Issues with GO750
    Can you tell me whats the application version?

• Advertisement
Advertisement