Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for first rc airplane

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

crazygeryy wrote: »
    where did you get it?

Here is one place anyway, the one you quoted above was bought in december.
    http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=33444

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wanderer81

Hi crazygeryy sorry only saw your post now,I got it from ebay,the seller was boltonmodelmart.Very happy with it but if you've never flown one of these before I would recommend finding someone with a buddy box who can take over if anything goes wrong to help you out like robbie just while your learning,mine is still in one piece thanks to himredface.gif

Wanderer81 wrote: »
    Hi crazygeryy sorry only saw your post now,I got it from ebay,the seller was boltonmodelmart.Very happy with it but if you've never flown one of these before I would recommend finding someone with a buddy box who can take over if anything goes wrong to help you out like robbie just while your learning,mine is still in one piece thanks to himredface.gif

Just put together another circuit today, plug it into the receiver and it will switch on and off a relay or whatever you like, a pot to set the stick position and all. Very useful. Its going into the tractor for onboard joystick control, to enable or disable it from the radio.

Fairly windy today but come up over the weekend if you like anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wanderer81

That circuit would be fierce handy for loads of projects,might get a diagram off ya next time I'm up.Might make it over on Sunday will see how the weather is.

Yes i have it turning on a 5v bulb at the minute, but it will be switching a relay in the tractor, instead of using a servo operating a micro switch. Switching a relay needs a diode for the back emf thing. If your up sunday you can have a look. You can buy them cheap enough from hobbyking but decided to make one.

It was very windy up here today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement