If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for Philips 37" 100Hz with USB media playback

Options
  • 18-01-2010 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there,

Could you give me a quote on a 37" LCD with 100Hz,MPEG4 USB video playback plus wall mounting brackets. I quite like the Philips but not restricted to them.
    Also looking for a good ipod dock with tuner that can handle low and high sounds with clarity. Budget up to £100
    Any deals most welcome :)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi PD07

Sounds like you need one of these, the 37PFL9604H
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/37pfl9604h_12/37pfl9604h_12_pss_eng.pdf

or these 37PFL8404H
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/37pfl8404h_12/37pfl8404h_12_pss_eng.pdf

Both have USB multi media playback, 100Hz and MPEG4 tuners on board.

The 8404 has wired Net TV, Ambilight, 3ms response time and uses our PIXEL PRECISE HD image processor.
    This has been a tremendously popular TV with Boardies - a discerning lot you are:D

The 9604H builds on the 8404 with an upgraded LCD panel - same resolution but a faster 2ms response time and uses our most powerful image processing suite, PERFECT PIXEL HD engine partnered with PERFECT NATURAL MOTION processing to back it up...nicely handled and finely detailed on screen motion.
    This TV has an improved on board sound system that includeds two onboard subwoofers and is more powerful at 15 watts per channel compared to 10 wpc.

You also have wireless NET TV functionality, so thats at least one less cable to worry about....

The SALE price on the 37PFL8404H is €809.99 with a 4 year warranty
    The SALE price on the 37PFL9604H is €1099.99 and has a 5 year warranty
    (Warranty offer ends January 31st )

Both of these are on display in store so you are more than welcome to call in and check 'em out plus pick my brains on their finer details....

IPOD DOCKS..

I have the PERFECT Ipod dock for you:)
    Its the DLA99901 HomeDock which handles both Audio and Video content of your iPod/iPhone and can even upscale video content upto 1080i (just need to use a HDMI cable from it into your TV) and you can even send the audio digitally (or via the analogue outs if you wish) into a suitable AV amp.

This is hooked upto one of our TV's so bring your iPod along and check it out.

MORE GOOD NEWS...
    I can even save you some cash.
    We sell this dock at a knocked down €99.99 in store but we have a extra special price of €66.99 on this item available only to Boardies:D

How does that little lot sound??

thanks for cobntacting us.
    ATB
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

just as an aside - the DL99901 is a seriously special dock (what great menu's) but it does not have a tuner (Ash must have missed that bit - but then he is not getting a lot of sleep at the moment ;););))

Keep us posted,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Hi Ashley,

do you have many of the 37pfl8404H in stock?

i would be interested in taking one of these off your hands but can't make it into the store until the weekend at the earliest.

thanks for any help.

Ahh yes I didnt see that bit re the tuner....Sorry 'bout that:(
    (sleep.... I have fond memories a time when I could....)

Hi Who_ru
    I'm waiting for the 37PFL8404 to arrive into us and hope to have it soon but it wont be this week i'm afraid.

I can add you to my reserve list if you'd like and contact you once that land in.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Hi,

Do that so Ashley please - looking foward to taking it out of it's box!!

Rgds, Who_ru

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 PD07

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for coming back to me.
    You have a Philips 37PFL5604H MPEG4 1080p in Belfast is this comparable with the two models you mention in your post?
    What price do you have on the 9604 and the 8404?

Cheers

Hi PD07

The 37PFL5604H is a very good TV but no, its not in the same league as the 8 and 9 series TV's
    Lower contrast ratio
    Slower response time
    50Hz refresh rate
    uses Pixel Plus HD and not the more powerful engines found on the 8 and 9 series sets.

I'm not putting the 5 series down as for the price they are great TV's and have been very popular and may suit your need perfectly - some people just dont want the extra features the upper end models offer and some people just are not TV fanatics(:eek:)

The 8 and 9's are noticably better however...

Call in and I can show you them all.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Ashley,

I dropped in to look at the 8 series you have last Friday and unfortunately missed you. I was just wondering if the other 8 series model you have in stock has the sync issue on USB playback?

Cheers,
    PD

Hi PD07

Sorry had a little time of last week....try and sneek that in every now and then:)

Your welcom to bring in a USB stick with various files on it and we will play 'em back no prob and check it out.

cheers
    Ash

No worries, time off always good!!
    I'll try get in to you again and bring some content.
    Cheers,
    PD

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.