If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ambilight

Options
  • 18-01-2010 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

Hi

Have you any good deals going on an ambilight telly at the mo? Preferably 37"-42" and 100MHz?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi

Have you any good deals going on an ambilight telly at the mo? Preferably 37"-42" and 100MHz?

Thanks

Nice1,

thanks for the post & apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Here is the list of 37-42" ambi models:

37PFL8404 100Hz , 1080P, 3 Ms refresh rate, Net TV / DNLA etc blah blah (lots of nice toys on board) - normally retails at €899.99 however at the moment with your Philips shop Boards 10% Discount it comes down to just €809.99 and that price until the end of January includes a 4 year warranty.

37PFL9604H - Now we're cooking on gas! - all the above features except it has a 1ms refresh rate (great for sports & gamers) upgraded 2 * 15 Watt audio system, and Wifi NET TV - it look's pretty amazing as well - ultra thin and really well built - It retails at €1299.99 at the moment with your Philips shop Boards 10% Discount it comes down to just €1169.99 and that price until the end of January includes a 5 year warranty.

40PFL8664 - this is the 1st of the back-light LED's and is a new model from Philips - again ultra slim (3.9 Cm's deep!) and really eco friendly (consumption less than 40% of a conventional LCD) - again it's 100Hz, but the refresh rate is 3Ms (the 37 9704 is 1Ms!!) and includes Ambilight of course & NETTV. It retails at €1499.99 at the moment with your Philips shop Boards 10% Discount it comes down to just €1349.99 and that price until the end of January includes a 4 year warranty.

42PFL8404h - same spec as the 37PFL8404 - it retails at just €999.99 (it's probably the best value top end Philips TV available at the moment!) with your Philips shop Boards 10% Discount it comes down to just €899.99 and that price until the end of January includes a 4 year warranty.

Now it gets serious...

40PFL9704 - the latest new Back light LCD and an awesome spec:it retails at €1999.99 -with your Philips shop Boards 10% Discount it comes down to €1799.99 and that price until the end of January includes a 5 year warranty.

The 42PFL9664 is just the dogs dangly bits and it is uniquely great value in Ireland compared to the UK with your Philips Shop Boardie discount! It has all the features of the 37PFL9604 but is 200Hs and completely upgraded picture processing software - What Hi-Fi sound and Vision Magazine have made it their TV of the year this year and the 47" version has won the Eisa Award for best LCD 2010 (yep so it's pretty good!) it retails at €1799.99 - with your Philips shop Boards 10% Discount it comes down to just €1619.99 and that price until the end of January includes a 5 year warranty.

That's the whole line up and pricing - of course if you do see any of the above TV's cheaper anywhere in Ireland we will happily beat ANY cheaper price with a smile!

Just drop us a line if we can assist in any way and thanks again for the post,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

That's a great run through - all I was looking for (and more).

Decisions, decisions...

...Damn, you're good at the upsell :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Nice1franko

You know where we are so why not call on in and have a good old play with them?
    They are all on display, up and running and looking good....

Cheers
    Ash

Yeah, sure why not! I'll try and get in either this weekend or next. Thanks

Wouldn't it be fookin marvellous if an ambilight telly would also control living colours lamps

• Advertisement

it would indeed.
    You never know what they are working on.......

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

Does the DTT EPG and Digital Text work with the 40PFL9704H ?

Hi there More Music.

The 40PFL9704H is happy with both EPG and teletext PROVIDING it being broadcast.
    This isnt done in all countries but is part of the Ireland spec (and hopefully stays that way once its finalized)

Really nice TV this - seen the latest what hi-fi?
    If not dont worry John has posted a like to the review on Boards - check it out

Cheers
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Really nice TV this - seen the latest what hi-fi?
    If not dont worry John has posted a like to the review on Boards - check it out

Cheers
    Ash

And HERE is the review!

Keep me posted if we can assist!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

I never got around to calling in this weekend or last but I'd like the 42PFL8404H (well, I'd like the 42PFL9664 but what can ya do!)

I know we're at the tail end of Jan as I write this and you won't get it til tmrw morn (1st Feb) but can you still give me the 4 year warranty?

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.