Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Met Eireann Station: "1575". Anyone know where it is???

Options
  • 18-01-2010 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭

Just looking through the "Daily Reports" on the met eireann site and I have noticed a new station reporting. It is simply called "1575":

103016.jpg

Anyone have any idea where what area the station in based? Is it a Bhoy station or land? Its readings seem closest to that of Belmullet, although its daily min seems a bit lower, so I am guessing (probably very wrongly) that it may be somewhere in the northwest between Belmullet and Malin Head?

Nice one if anyone has anymore info. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭octo

Just looking through the "Daily Reports" on the met eireann site and I have noticed a new station reporting. It is simply called "1575":

Anyone have any idea where what area the station in based? Is it a Bhoy station or land? Its readings seem closest to that of Belmullet, although its daily min seems a bit lower, so I am guessing (probably very wrongly) that it may be somewhere in the northwest between Belmullet and Malin Head?

Nice one if anyone has anymore info. :)

It's the new automatic station in Malin.

I'm concerned at the song DE is listening to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

:eek: :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Cheers Octo.

Don't be! :p. It is the name of sterling album by Loreena McKennitt. Some great interpretations of old folk carols etc.

I can't find her version of "The Wexford Carol" on Youtube (which is particularly cool) but I like her version of Greensleeves to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5sSrYzzIKw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Put both to 01/01/2010 and see the differences, they must be located a bit apart.

• Advertisement
Advertisement