Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuning a guitar in Letterkenny

Options
  • 18-01-2010 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hi.
    Does anyone know where i can get a guitar tuning in the Letterkenny area and how much it would cost.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I would imagine that a simple search on YouTube would give you hundreds of results showing how to tune a guitar. There isn't much you cant learn from the awl YouTube:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

or buy an electronic tuner, (i have one :o ) pretty cheap i'm sure aguitar shop would tune it up but i need to do mine more regularly than that (an i dont play much)
    i have one of these
    bostu80.jpg

know the music shop in donegal town stocks them (sure he would tune up your guitar as well)

https://www.absolutemusic.co.uk/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=606&gclid=CMGi5bawrp8CFaFi4wodiHwHMA&ccUser=pmke9u32fj7h6qg8cmsgrk5kg1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

Try reynolds on the port road beside mr chippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Just to clarify, are you looking for a tuner or someone to tune your guitar? If you're looking for a tuner, try reynolds, the most common tuners now are the clip-on tuners and the best of those is the intelli-touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yeah you can get electronic ones in Reynolds, I have one and it does the job just fine. Got mine free with my guitar so couldnt tell you how much they cost

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

heres an online guitar tuner
    http://www.gieson.com/Library/projects/utilities/tuner/

ps. nobody should charge you for tunning a guitar, it takes 1 minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

No point in looking for someone else to do it anyway as your guitar will go out of tune regularly. Best to figure it out yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

I bought my electronic tuner for less than 30 euros here in Finland so it's probably about the same price in "rip-off" Ireland ;)

I'm sure if you know anybody with a guitar, they could tune it in for you... it's a bit far for me to go though.

I'd strongly advise getting an electronic tuner though as, especially if it's new guitar or new strings, you'll need to tune it up every couple of days for the first month or so as the strings stretch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mmcm888

Harps wrote: »
    No point in looking for someone else to do it anyway as your guitar will go out of tune regularly. Best to figure it out yourself

As Harps said ... Teach a man to fish....

You may however be wise to get someone to do it for you for the first time as I've seen guitars that were 'in the attic' that were untunable because either the it had the wrong gague of string (seen a ~.21 'G' as the high 'E') or has the wrong type of string (nylon/steel). Someone who knows a bit may also be able to setup the guitar so that it plays easier (depends on guitar). Get some lessons as guitar 101 is tuning.

m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

If you're looking to tune it, just find a basic tutorial on youtube or buy an electronic tuner. Everyone uses them and they can be had for less than €20 If you're looking for a set up, there's a guy in Letterkenny whose name I can't recall, who is supposed to be brilliant. He's a German man and has a great rep with some serious guitarists I know.

Advertisement