Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tommy and Hector on 2FM

• 18-01-2010 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Listenin to it now on the 2FM site, loving it. Good tunes and funny as f**k (to me anyway).

What does everyone else think? Not totally sure if their humor suits such an early slot but they defo don't offend me (unlike Gerry Ryan who just creeps me out)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

they dont offend me - they just bore me. Reminds me of the standard Irish comedian who thinks speaking in a country accent is actually funny in itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

+1 on Boring.
    Shyte talk for 2 hours.
    Geratric Juvenila is what I'd call it, 2 fools trying to sound funny and cool and get down with the people. SAD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Hector is great. Tommy is mental (And not in a good way).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭icanhearjimi

Two Gobshítes, trying way too hard to be funny, and failing miserably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Tallspoon

RCNPhotos wrote: »
    Listenin to it now on the 2FM site, loving it. Good tunes and funny as f**k (to me anyway).

What does everyone else think? Not totally sure if their humor suits such an early slot but they defo don't offend me (unlike Gerry Ryan who just creeps me out)

Hi Tommy:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

Guess I'm in the minority then haha. Oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 27 version1

RCNPhotos wrote: »
    Guess I'm in the minority then haha. Oh well
    No, i agree!I think the show is good..:D
    I used to listen to them all the time on I radio, good to see them back on radio...good craic and nothing too serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭jm99

i only heard them for the first time saturday and i liked the show alot. cant usually stand tiernan as a comedian on his own but i think they work well tgether

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Tripe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I heard the advert for the show, which must have been a highlight, can't imagine how bad the rest of the show is tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Like a badly produced amateur production from the arsehole of Meath.

Fit for National Radio...noooo !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

terrible drivel, Tommy's live scene must be drying up if he's doing this sh*te. Between them and Colm & JimJim they can just douse 2fm with petrol, I have the match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

terrible drivel, Tommy's live scene must be drying up

About time..why anybody would want to see a ****wit in a dirty hat and beard shouting and roaring is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

Degsy wrote: »
    About time..why anybody would want to see a ****wit in a dirty hat and beard shouting and roaring is beyond me.

loose and cracked were classics,the rest pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Cant stand either of them how do they get on national radio talking utter crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭donaghs

Really bad. A lot of it is just shouting and noise. Very self-congratulatory too. Reminds me of seeing Tommy Tiernan's decline during "Bovinity". Shouting in what's supposed to be a Chinese accent for 5 minutes doesn't get many laughs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

"Two lads havin' the craic"

If you say so lads....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

I don't think we need worry about these two Gimps for much longer !

Thank Fcuk fer that .

Loud shouters with minimal talent...got by during the Celtic Tiger years but found out by the recession.

They have been rumbled.....thank the lord fer that.

Now lads...away to fcuk....an close the door arter ye !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

The show with Pat Shortt standing in for Tommy was pretty good on Sat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

+1 on Boring.
    Shyte talk for 2 hours.
    Geratric Juvenila is what I'd call it, 2 fools trying to sound funny and cool and get down with the people. SAD.

Excellent use of the paradox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

s8n wrote: »
    The show with Pat Shortt standing in for Tommy was pretty good on Sat
    Caught a bit of it and its not bad but still a bit too much of the "Cute Hoors from the country" vibe about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Pure scutter radio by two reprobates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

They may not be as funny as they think they are - but they are way superior to for example Colm and Jim Jim, and less depressing than the mid atlantic dj type - Tony Fenton, Rick O'Shea etc.

Also, caught the first 15 mins of Gerry Ryan show today with Hector standing in and he was a definite improvement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Heard a repeat of it yesterday, just a load of roaring at the radio...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Stacks Mad

Over used material ,were funny in there day! Five years on same old thing, just like pat shortt and I used to love them all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I was on a long journey and listened in for 15 mins to see whats it all about, Really unfunny radio - it did'nt even make me grin in the slightest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

MidlandsM wrote: »
    I was on a long journey and listened in for 15 mins to see whats it all about, Really unfunny radio - it did'nt even make me grin in the slightest.

I cant imagine how people could listen to it for long periods of time. It's a lot like that TV show that they had at the christmas... Trying really hard to be funny, lots of shouting, lots of in-jokes and calling lads by their nicknames (cos that's hilarious)..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Jaysus I can't stand them. I was beginning to think I was the only one. There is a whole facebook page dedicated to "how brilliant they are". I just cannot understand how RTE can put that crap on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

With some of the crap that's on the radio already I don't see the problem. Obviously not everyone's cup of tea but alot of people think it's great - myself included!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

With some of the crap that's on the radio already I don't see the problem.

This statement is all mixed up. Yes, the radio is full of crap right now, and those 2 tool add more? Like its needed?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

donaghs wrote: »
    Shouting in what's supposed to be a Chinese accent for 5 minutes doesn't get many laughs.

From Tiernana fans I can imagine it actually does. He has been sh1te for years but can still provoke rib cracking laughter from his deluded fans by shouting "priests are ****" for ten minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

I've only listened to a few minutes of it here and there because I'm in Australia and it didn't seem that bad to me. Not everyone has the same sense of humor so just wondering which comedians people actually find funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

aido79 wrote: »
    I've only listened to a few minutes of it here and there because I'm in Australia and it didn't seem that bad to me. Not everyone has the same sense of humor so just wondering which comedians people actually find funny?

I recommend a guy called Brian Cowen, he looks hilarious and every time he talks I laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Two fúcking gobshíts from Naaaaavan. Tommy is not too bad, but Hector.......my god, he should go back to Naaaaaavan and shovel shít out of stables. No one wants to hear this clown going on about "haaawrse racing lads" "ginjar hayar", and made up stupid stories. Its Pathetic.
    And, yes we know you can speak Irish, Hector O Hockagawn. Why not just use Hogan, you plank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

MJ23 wrote: »
    And, yes we know you can speak Irish, Hector O Hockagawn. Why not just use Hogan, you plank.

Would you insist that Siún nicGearailt or Sharon ní Bheóláin use the English version of their names?

How about Jessica de Búrca? Should she be Jess Burke? Should Daithí Ó Sé be Dave O'Shea?

No. Hector Ó hEochagáin (you could at least spell it right) CHOOSES to use the Irish form of his name and that's up to him. Why does he do it? Because he's Irish? Because he's proud of that fact and proud that the can speak Irish? Because he's a recognised spokesman for the language? Probably all of the above. Whatever the answer, who are you or I to tell someone how they should name themselves!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

With some of the crap that's on the radio already I don't see the problem. Obviously not everyone's cup of tea but alot of people think it's great - myself included!

+1

Usually miss it on a saturday morning but get the podcast :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Bard wrote: »
    Would you insist that Siún nicGearailt or Sharon ní Bheóláin use the English version of their names?

How about Jessica de Búrca? Should she be Jess Burke? Should Daithí Ó Sé be Dave O'Shea?

No. Hector Ó hEochagáin (you could at least spell it right) CHOOSES to use the Irish form of his name and that's up to him. Why does he do it? Because he's Irish? Because he's proud of that fact and proud that the can speak Irish? Because he's a recognised spokesman for the language? Probably all of the above. Whatever the answer, who are you or I to tell someone how they should name themselves!?

Surely then he should be using the name Seán Ó hEochagáin? Because his Christian name is Shane. And not Hector.

Used to be a fan of Tommy way back in his comedy club days in Galway, but don't think he's funny in the slightest now.

That Shane lad is just an annoying twat, and as for their show ... jesus I've listened twice and it's painful stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭cc

1. "Isn't it great to be Irish?"
    2. "Seanie has texted in to say the show is great and wishes he handn't bothered emigrating after all"
    3. "Lets mention some towns from the midlands"
    4. "Do you remember the 80s?"

This was ok once, but every week....oi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Bard wrote: »

Didn't he write his autobiography in English?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

When did they leave iradio?

Or was there a reason to why they left?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Mr.Mister wrote: »

eurotic.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Sergeant wrote: »
    eurotic.jpg

As good a reason than any.

I looked at iradio website - i102105 and they seemed to have let Louise McSharry go also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Mr.Mister wrote: »

Their contract ran out and wasn't renewed.
    Didn't he write his autobiography in English?!

And that has what relevance to a discussion about his radio programme?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

I listen to the podcast at work, so it helps stave off boredom, and i find it reasonably funny. A bit hit and miss, but you have to give them full marks for effort. Don't think I would bother listening to it live for two hours though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

not a bad show even though I'm not a fan of Tiernan's standup anymore. He kind of has to watch himself on radio maybe, so can be funny instead of just vulgar. I think Hector is ok too, is a straight talking kind of guy.
    They do kind of play up the "rural man" thing a bit. I listen to the poscasts at work, good way to pass an hour or so..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Havent heard this in weeks as was working. Back listening to it now, quality as ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Is the show finished now?! I hope they're just taking a break for a while, its too good a show to stop making!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Trotter wrote: »
    Is the show finished now?! I hope they're just taking a break for a while, its too good a show to stop making!
    Was it not on this weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Cleese wrote: »
    Was it not on this weekend?

It was but the end had a sense of farewell to it. Hopefully it was just the end of that show and it's stayin on!

• Advertisement
Advertisement