Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tommy and Hector on 2FM

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Trotter wrote: »
    It was but the end had a sense of farewell to it. Hopefully it was just the end of that show and it's stayin on!
    In what way, i have been waiting all day for the podcast to go up online they are so slow in putting them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Cleese wrote: »
    In what way, i have been waiting all day for the podcast to go up online they are so slow in putting them up.

Tommy thanked all the listeners to the show, and said they had made the show.. Hector said he was in tears, in a jokey way, and Tommy finished with one of U2's more emotive songs.

I hope I have it wrong because these 2 have tapped into something I think. Everyone has their own pressures in life but that podcast or show if you can grab it live is like going onto a virtual bar stool with a load of friendly people around ya, all trying to throw a bit of craic at the day.

Tommy thanked all the listeners to the show, and said they had made the show.. Hector said he was in tears, in a jokey way, and Tommy finished with one of U2's more emotive songs.

I hope I have it wrong because these 2 have tapped into something I think. Everyone has their own pressures in life but that podcast or show if you can grab it live is like going onto a virtual bar stool with a load of friendly people around ya, all trying to throw a bit of craic at the day.
    I very much agree and seriously hope its not over. It could be just Tommy taking the piss though.

I very much agree and seriously hope its not over. It could be just Tommy taking the piss though.

They were talking about him going on holidays next week anyway. Is he not doing the Edinburgh comedy festival too?

They were talking about him going on holidays next week anyway. Is he not doing the Edinburgh comedy festival too?
    See thats maybe the thing or the downfall if you will of the show. Past 3 months 1 of them is always away doing something, Tommy in Oz, Hector in Canada and Hector on his actual family hols in Bilbao , and he still did the show whilst on his family hols to be fair to him.

Definitely need to do some digging so and see whats happening. I've sent a mail off to their show email address.

Definitely need to do some digging so and see whats happening. I've sent a mail off to their show email address.
    Post if you get anything back.

This was posted by Yvonne Judge their producer on Saturday, sounds like its run its course.

2FM.. Tommy & Hector signing off for the moment.. thanks to the 161,000... Watch this space.. 2FM 12:57 PM Jul 31st via web

This was posted by Yvonne Judge their producer on Saturday, sounds like its run its course.

2FM.. Tommy & Hector signing off for the moment.. thanks to the 161,000... Watch this space.. 2FM 12:57 PM Jul 31st via web

Ah sh1te.. its the best show on the radio. I hope RTE do what it takes to keep it going after they've had a break.

Out of curiosity, where did you see that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

I wouldn't be too worried. They've probably got a few weeks off. Changes are a comin but cant see t&h going anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

bbability wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too worried. They've probably got a few weeks off. Changes are a comin but cant see t&h going anywhere

Well they said their goodbyes and thanks on Saturday. Sounded to me that the show was definitely finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 AllForOne

Yeah they are finished up. Next week in their place will be repeats of their show!

AllForOne wrote: »
    Yeah they are finished up. Next week in their place will be repeats of their show!

Ah no! Im disgusted! Is it a seasonal thing or is it over for good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 AllForOne

I think they were just on the schedule for a few months and they were due to finish up. I'm not sure if its seasonal or if they'll be back. I guess we'll know for sure when the new schedule is out. But they said their goodbyes and thanks and I heard there will be repeats of their show running in its time slot for a week or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

I hope they return for a second season in the Autumn, the best Saturday morning entertainment on RTE Radio since Scrap Saturday!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

flickarius wrote: »
    I hope they return for a second season in the Autumn, the best Saturday morning entertainment on RTE Radio since Scrap Saturday!

Hardly?!:rolleyes:

Looks like thats that for the Tommy and Hector show. Hector has his own gig from 7 to 9am on 2fm now. It starts in October I think. No sign of Tommy's name on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

Looks like thats that for the Tommy and Hector show. Hector has his own gig from 7 to 9am on 2fm now. It starts in October I think. No sign of Tommy's name on it.

tommy wouldnt be able to commit to a 5 day a week show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Have to say that although I wouldnt be a fan of much of the genre this pair make an artform out of pure irish craic ,sad to hear show is over .I reckon the two boys are as much the essence of irishness as U2 ,Guinness and soft days ...Only heard a few of their shows but would rate it amongst the best few things RTE has ever done along with Reelin' in the Years and Batchelors Walk ...

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

ah pity the boys are gone .its great to listen to a bit of craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,950 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Had the misfortune of having to endure this crap for half an hour this morning while waiting in the barbers..

Two thick sounding idiots roaring and laughing at their own jokes as they desperately try to be "funny" is not my idea of entertainment. Not to mention all the self-plugging they were at.

Awful awful rubbish! Just like Brian Cowen coming on radio "under the weather" :rolleyes:, this is "Oirishness" we don't need to be listening to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Were you in the same barbers as me? I had the exact same experience. It's a bloody disgrace for a national station to be playing re runs of a show that doesn't exist anymore. Funny thing is though there probably more people tuning into it than the weekday breakfast show at the minute.

I just don't know how I could listen to hectore 5 mornings a week carrying on like that. Once a week was perfect.

Advertisement