Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cá bhfuil the irish cosplayers???

Options
  • 18-01-2010 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hey there...
    As the irish "otaku" community keeps growing, I wonder where are the cosplayers :D
    So here's a thread for us to talk about cosplay making and so on.
    I'm a Brazilian (cosplay addict^^') lookin forward to visit Ireland, so if anyone's interested I've got some pictures of my previous cosplays (for facebook users only...but there are a few at deviantart too, I'm still uploadin there)
    http://www.facebook.com/#/album.php?aid=3836&id=100000227696173
    http://irlandesaaa.deviantart.com
    (btw the manga has a new title and a new plot...the front cover's gonna b the same! I'm startin to upload in february^^)

I'm always up to help with any "cosplay issue" and to learn new techniques too :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

Does the community really keep growing? This is the only Irish anime board I can think of(I hate how every Irish board is centralised here). I still find it impossible to meet other weeaboos, at least on the level of liking stuff like the Touhou project and various visual novels. There are no anime clubs here in Cork. I'd like to set up my own but I tried once and it was impossible to get people to join. The same for setting up a board.

I think if anything it's shrinking. Anime used to be more mainstream a few years back.

So that's probably your answer, it is in fact not growing, so that's why you don't see much cosplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Irlandesaaa

What about Eirtakon??
    oh, I can't say it's as big as Brazilian ones (coz of Japanese influence and so on), but I was happy to see at least a few people movin along in Ireland :)
    I hope it's not a big deal to join irish otakus around the country (like u) for a little chat about cosplay ^^'

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Well, I know quite a lot of people who watch anime, but I'm the only one who discusses it on boards. They either don't discuss online because there's no need to, they can just discuss with friends OR they discuss elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

The EirtaKon forums have a fairly active section dedicated to cosplay. Certainly, the majority of EirtaKons attendance come in Cosplay.

You can find the forum over at http://EirtaKon.com

Shameless plug, yet relevant.
    Sandvich wrote: »
    Does the community really keep growing? This is the only Irish anime board I can think of(I hate how every Irish board is centralised here). I still find it impossible to meet other weeaboos, at least on the level of liking stuff like the Touhou project and various visual novels. There are no anime clubs here in Cork. I'd like to set up my own but I tried once and it was impossible to get people to join. The same for setting up a board.

There's also a sizeable Cork contingent active on the EirtaKon forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

I didn't know that, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Irlandesaaa

me neither, thanks a lot!!!! :D gonna sign up there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Why are you bitching about another forum here?
    Really all you are doing is alienating those cos players who are not on the eirtaku forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Hmmmm, I'll just ignore what happened here and address the OP's question....

There are a lot of cosplayers in Ireland, again, I'll use Eirtakon as an example.

The Cosplay forum on the Eirtakon message board has loads of cosplayers on it, so you should join up!

Also, Butterscotch and others organize cosplay photoshoots throughout the year which are fun to attend, even if you don't cosplay.

I love it myself, I've always had an interest in it, but have never felt brave enough to actually do it myself until Eirtakon 08! So I've only done 2, Soi Fon from Bleach and Ayane from Dead or Alive (specifically number 2).

It's great fun and if you're going to Eirtakon this year, definitely do it as you'll be in the majority!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Any more inflammatory off topic discussion will result in bans - take these issues to another thread if you want to try and work things out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

oh yeah, the code geass photoshoot, whatever happened to that? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Hi Irlandesaaa

I really like your Irish manga and think it is wonderful that you have a great interest in the Irish culture and language. Like what tread_softly said, the majority of the Irish cosplayers are in eirtakon.com in the cosplay and EGL section. Also on the Nom Con (an Irish anime con in August) forum there are cosplayers there too. Over the Summer I want to organise lots of cosplay photoshoots as they were great fun last year. It would be great if you could come along. Cosplay is a very big passion of mine. I use to just see it as getting into a costume, just showing it off like at Halloween but now I see it as an artform and love getting into character and understanding the character I am playing. I am beginning to get into making my costumes too.
    oh yeah, the code geass photoshoot, whatever happened to that? :pac:

Oh don't worry that is still going ahead :). It will be during the Summer as now and up to May I will be very busy with college and many are busy. So are you up for it? I hope to get a better C.C. wig, my wig is in tangles.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Oh don't worry that is still going ahead :). It will be during the Summer as now and up to May I will be very busy with college and many are busy. So are you up for it? I hope to get a better C.C. wig, my wig is in tangles.

*clears May schedule*

yeah i should ok with it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Oh no amy, I hope I didn't ruin that wig on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Oh no amy, I hope I didn't ruin that wig on you!

Ha lol, no it was in tangles before I lend it to you. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Oh goody, something to possibly do during the summer. And this time I hopefully won't be in Cork with four hour bus journeys and departures two hours apart... :rolleyes:

Advertisement