Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Madcatz Sticks for 360 compatible with pc?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Yes they are.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jumpy wrote: »
    All the TE sticks I can find seem to be labelled Xbox360 or PS3

For example http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002V0WKXM/ref=s9_simi_gw_s0_p63_t1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0E88DTT46GCWKEVVNN9V&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294

Not having a Xbox360 I dont know what the connection is, so dont know if tis compatible.

Thanks in advance.

Simple answer is yes.

I know the PS3 stuff doesn't even need a driver install as long as the pc has an intel and not AMD chipset. Not sure about theXbox stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Furthermore: Xbox 360 sticks should ALWAYS work on PC; there are some incompatibility issues with the PS3 sticks not working on certain AMD chipsets.

*edit* Damn you Doooooooom! *waves fist*

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Damn you Doooooooom!

Yeah, I get that alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

In adding to this conversation, are the round2 sticks any different to the normal TE? Theres a 40 quid difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

are the round2 sticks any different to the normal TE?

No, it's just aesthetics. Hardware wise there is no difference.

I do think the Round 2 TE's look a lot sleeker, but 40 quid sleeker? No.

I'd use the money saved buying an orig. TE and get a custom full faceplate top that you can put your own artwork under.

In adding to this conversation, are the round2 sticks any different to the normal TE? Theres a 40 quid difference.

Nope AFAIK. Normal TE has top of the range Sanwa parts. Even if there was differences in the Round 2 it wouldn't necessarily be better. TE is my "gentle movements" stick. I have a big clunky Seimitsified SE for when I'm in the mood for playing like a brute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

No differences, even down to the PCB they are identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The real differences will come in the "Super SFIV ver.S" stick (the one with the flat sides) -- newer PCB & new case.

Ah bugger it. Normal TE has been ordered.
    Just when I was getting decent at the KB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

better to get a stick now then get good on something else then get stick. Its far more painful.

The new sticks look sweet alright. Cept for the coloured buttons, they stand out and look tacky.

If you got a ps3 stick and ended up with one of those mobo's its not compatible with, you could always grab a ****ty 5 euro usb pci card and theres a good chance it'll work with that.

(just adding that in there for anyone else who reads this)

Whats your GFWL tag btw m8? I assume your aware we have another keyboard players on here, Ropedrink, he's got a mean boxer, thats his GFWL tag too.

Im Jumparound222, only have 800 points, that fluctuates nightly from 450 to 1000 or so, depends on who I beat/lose to.

For some reason though I cannot get Championship games, at all. I assume thats because there are none at G3-E?

Advertisement