Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Apps to Listen to Irish Radio Stations on Android phone

• 18-01-2010 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I've just switched over to a HTC Hero phone from a Nokia, loving it so far. The only thing I'm missing is the ability to listen to the radio.

I've looked at some of the Android apps on the market such as IHeartRadio but they don't seem to cover the Irish radio stations. Does anyone know of any app that will allow me to listen to the Irish stations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

TuneWiki can stream stations from Shoutcast radio, and I've just found Today FM and Newstalk in there. TuneWiki is much better than the standard music app anyway, and has the cool feature of being able to show you the lyrics of the song currently playing :) It also scrobbles to last.fm, and can look for album cover art too - though that's a bit hit-and-miss at the moment. There's also a widget for playing from your home screen, though the buttons on it could be a little bigger.

http://www.tunewiki.com

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Try Cherry Rplayer.

Advertisement