Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/Worst Places for Sanwiches.

Options
  • 18-01-2010 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Following on from a thread in Ranting and Raving, I'd like to know where you have gotton both your worst and best deli made sandwich.

Here's mine:

Best: The Pig and Heifer - Amiens St

Worst: Spar - Amiens St (or any Spar infairness!!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Well you obviously live/work around Amiens St, but I doubt that one street has both the best and worst sandwiches in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Well you obviously live/work around Amiens St, but I doubt that one street has both the best and worst sandwiches in Dublin.

You're are right, I work pretty close to Amiens Street but I have worked in many other areas of the city and I have found that The Pig and The Heifer has the best selection and price of made-to-order sandwiches, it's similar to Fallon and Byrne but I have to rate it above it as the staff are 100% friendlier!

I suppose I'm being unfair to Spar but I have yet to get a decent sandwich/roll from any branch and in the one on Amiens Street they are just plain unfriendly so they get my worst vote!

In my opinion Amiens Street has the best and worst sandwiches, but people differ and I'd like to hear other people’s opinions!

What are your best and worst???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Best: The Pig and Heifer - Pearse St :pac:

Another good one is McCabe's Deli on Tara st, always jammers at lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niamh86

+1 for Pig & Heifer Pearse St

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

That's the first place I thought of! Also Liptons on Camden Street - heaven.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭TitoPuente

I'm quite partial to the Chicken Woopie in Munchies.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

The sandwiches of the day in Honest to Goodness in George's Street Arcade are great. Can't go wrong for a fiver!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Michael1987

There is no doubt about it, the best sandwich ever in the world is in MYOs!
    MYO stands for Make your own.
    Basically you choose your own bread,
    go around a buffet type situation and make your own sandwich
    with an unreal selection of delicious fresh fillings, sauces... everything - even pasta
    Put as much as you want of everything.
    It's 4.90
    Once you've tried it you'll agree it's class, if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

so michael, do you enjoy working in MYO?

I have to say i work on Mount Street, and they are all horrible, the best out of a worse lot is Angel Place but they are bloody expensive

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

irishbird, if you have a problem with a post, you know well where the 'report post' button is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement