If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

42" - 47 " HDTV. Please help

Options
  • 18-01-2010 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi all/RicherS,

I have a budget of about 900 Euro, but obviously cheaper the better:cool:
    I am looking for the Best HDTV on the market for that price range, and if possible to push up to the 47" size. Must be 1080 of course.

Anyone any ideas ???????????
    I have no problems in driving up North if theres a clear difference in price.

I have been looking at both the 42PFL8404H (899 euro) or the 47PFL5604H (899 euro) which look sweet as, but whats the verdict on the quality / spec difference between the two ?

Or should I be looking at other options ?

Thanks a million
    Johnny

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi all/RicherS,

I have a budget of about 900 Euro, but obviously cheaper the better:cool:
    I am looking for the Best HDTV on the market for that price range, and if possible to push up to the 47" size. Must be 1080 of course.

Anyone any ideas ???????????
    I have no problems in driving up North if theres a clear difference in price.

I have been looking at both the 42PFL8404H (899 euro) or the 47PFL5604H (899 euro) which look sweet as, but whats the verdict on the quality / spec difference between the two ?

Or should I be looking at other options ?

Thanks a million
    Johnny

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the post - and for once that kit is actually cheaper to buy in the South than the UK!

The 42PFL8404 (has been out of stock for a few weeks now but is expected back in before the end of the month we are promised!!) and is just plain mega - the spec for the price is superb and it looks great - many many boardies have already bought one and love them! At the moment it is €999.99 but with your Boardies Philips Shop 10% discount that comes down to €899.99 and that price (until the end of Jan) includes a 4 year warranty.

The 47PFL5604H is also a great deal at the moment (but not as good as the £599 we had it for just after the sale started :() We have it in stock at the moment at €999.99 which nets back down to €899.99 including your 10% Philips Shop Boardie discount including a two year warranty.

Keep me posted if we can assist in any way and thanks again for the post,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 45 johnnycage2008

OK I want the 8 series 42"

How to pay?
    How to Pick up?

I want it as soon as possible. PLEASE ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi There Johnnycage2008

I hope to see these TV's in decent quantities next week.

However if you get your order in now you'll get the 4 year extended warrranty on this TV - this offer finishes on the 31st of Jan.

Shall I reserve one for you now?
    PM me you phone number and I'll contact you re payment

Have a good one

Cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.