Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC EPC2425

• 18-01-2010 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a EPC2425 but when i go into 192.168.1.1 to change some settings in
    Safari nothing happens page just keeps loading anyone got any advice?

I try it on firefox too.Oh i have a mac but can't see that as the problem.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

You don't use a proxy do you?
    Are you sure that's the IP address of the box? (ipconfig /all or ifconfig /all should list the default gateway. Otherwise, try 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.0.1)
    What is your machine's IP address and subnet mask (using the command above)?
    Can you ping the box?

Have you tried rebooting the box?
    If all else fails, reset the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭finno

Karoma wrote: »
    You don't use a proxy do you?
    Are you sure that's the IP address of the box? (ipconfig /all or ifconfig /all should list the default gateway. Otherwise, try 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.0.1)
    What is your machine's IP address and subnet mask (using the command above)?
    Can you ping the box?

Have you tried rebooting the box?
    If all else fails, reset the box.

Thanks i did the reboot and it worked its looking for a password you don't know the default password by any chance

thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

OP is correct.
    I had UPC installed last week. My default gateway is 192.168.1.1
    LAN is 192.168.1.0/24.

finno, use firefox, when prompted for password just ignore and click on home or setup again. It should let you go in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

finno wrote: »
    Thanks i did the reboot and it worked its looking for a password you don't know the default password by any chance

thanks again

The initial username/password is blank, so just hit enter/ok to get to the page. You should be then prompted to change it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

Some browsers like Chrome do not like blank usernames and passwords so beware.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 owenvenes

i have one of those crappy 2425 yolks too. got to login at 192.168.1.1 but blanks wont do with internet explorer or firefox. there must be some other default login?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

Plugged in with an ethernet cable try 192.168.100.1 works sometimes on the Cisco when 192.168.1.1 doesn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

One thread is enough to discuss the EPC2425. You don't need to resurrect every thread that mentions it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement