Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with my TV

Options
  • 18-01-2010 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Im having a bit of a problem with a Samsung 46" LCD TV I bought in October 2008 for €1600 in a store up the north. When I first got the tv within a few weeks it started developing black areas all over the screen so I brought it back and got a replacement. All was fine until recently the same started happening with the second one. Samsung says I am not covered under warantee so am I basically screwed. Please tell me my statutory rights still apply. I want my money back as I dont believe that a tv should last just over a year esp at that price. Can anyone tell me my rights in this matter.

Thanks,
    John.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 silverberg

Hi had a similar situation myself, was told I wasn't covered under warranty so I rang consumer rights they told me my entitlements and I relayed them to the shop I purchased the t.v in. As soon as I mentions my rights they sent it off to be fixed free of charge. 1890 432 432

Advertisement