Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RC servo shivering?

Options
  • 18-01-2010 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Bought my son a Hyper 7 buggy and the throttle servo shakes and has mind of its own. Any ideas please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

it could be low batteries or interference i myself think it could be the batteries when was the last time they were changed? or did it do this from the start?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

It might be time to get a new servo .....

Check for interference by swopping your servos. Plugging the other "good" servo into the throttle channel on the receiver, and the twitchy servo into the steering channel.

If the problem moves onto the steering it's the servo. If the problem stays on throttle, but now induced in the "new" servo, then it's the radio, receiver, switch, battery, bad connections, shortened antenna of either transmitter or receiver, damaged crystal, local interference on the airwaves .... check through all to establish which.

Or the easy way is leave it into the shop you got it from and let them sort it for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Don't know how bad it really is, but it could be pretty normal for stock (analog am/fm) radio gear. It also often happens when the transmitter and receiver are too close to each other (something to do with wavelength probably:o), simply moving the two further apart could be the solution.

Advertisement