Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

burst pipes!!

Options
  • 18-01-2010 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

Over the holidays the pipes in my house in Elm park burst leaving the whole house destroyed. Now ive been told it will take a month for the repairs to finish!
    Im really stuck for accommodation as no other landlords are willing to take me for just a month! I have no means of getting in to college myself everyday from tipperary and with a week left until we go back im really worried about what im goin to do!! Anyone been in the same situation or have any suggestions as to what i should do??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

The exact same thing happened to my house over Christmas but luckily the landlady rang me and my housemates to inform us. She was vvery helpful, gave us our deposits and month's rent back and also contacted a number of landlords in the area.
    I'm going up to sort out my accomodation tomorrow.

There's plenty of houses left that will take one or two people in. I happen to know of one in college court if you're stuck. PM me if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chett

We had the same thing happen to our house in Milford Grange over Christmas. It took two and a half weeks to repair it.

I remember midway through last semester there was a five bedroom house just up from the road from us that had only two people in it. I don't know what the circumstances are now though. Sorry if that's not much help.
    Good luck though.

Advertisement