Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buckfast - the demon drink?

Options
2»

Comments

I love Buckfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

I've uploaded 3 pics of the place...it was lovely! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

The thing I've found with buckfast is that it becomes tastier and easier to drink every time I have it, to the point where I'd now be afraid to get some because I know the bottle could be put away in under an hour, and then where would you be?
    I find it funny though that people here think its an unique feature of Galway drinking, you'll find it anywhere you find students or people on a budget, or people looking to get drunk quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I'm a Galwegian but have never tried it - feeling remarkably out of place here :o

(although, I did have a bottle of it thrown through a window)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

The thing I've found with buckfast is that it becomes tastier and easier to drink every time I have it, to the point where I'd now be afraid to get some because I know the bottle could be put away in under an hour, and then where would you be?
    I find it funny though that people here think its an unique feature of Galway drinking, you'll find it anywhere you find students or people on a budget, or people looking to get drunk quick!

I don't think anyone thinks/or said its unique here. It's just the amount drank here is ludicrouis (sic) and has been recognised by the boys in Devon. I work in an offy. And the amount sold is over the top and never ceases to amaze me. I was studying in Dublin & Sligo over the years, and only saw the odd character drinking it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement