Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Revision

Options
  • 18-01-2010 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Anyone else Haven trouble with this? My Mocks are in four weeks and I'm having trouble in finding a way to revise all four books. How are other studying for this subject? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

Mwah wrote: »
    How are other studying for this subject? :D

Book, pen and paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Bhoy_

I have tonnes of notes from class that I read over and write out again. The other way I found helpful was write out short bullet points of a certain chapter, then read over the chapter and from memory expand each bullet point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 foreman1916

just one do one topic at a time, read it, write a summary and then answer questions on a that topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭smartarse2007

ok firstly

dont revise the whole course its just too much and the remember quality and not quantity

take areas of the course instead

for instance with soverenty and partition take from before 1916 all the way to independence and write up 2 - 3 essays for that chunk covering
    -intro to 1916 + rebellion+ aftermath of rebellion

-new method of resistance to english rule + diplomatic relations with english etc + drawing up of treaty + fallout of treaty and civil war

-economic war and irelands advances on independence and finish up with 1949 and total independance from brits

now this one chunk for from one book will nearly sort you out for the exam it is big enough and detailed that it is more that enough for the exam do this for all books so for the book which covers WW2 etc take facism and the rise of it in italy etc n then germany and why it adopted such a political stance etc

ALSO MAKE SURE YOU COVER AND HAVE PREPARED AND REVISED EACH AND EVERY CASE STUDY ON YOUR COURSE they are sure things to come up on the exam

that was my method of revision and it got me a A2 in honors

Advertisement