Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 bed mid terraces - attic conversion & conservatory/sunroom

Options
  • 18-01-2010 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anybody put up any sort of conservatory/sunroom on a 3 bed mid terrace? Also I am interested in seeing an attic conversion in a 3 bed mid terrace since I won't be moving anytime soon with the downturn!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Would imagine attic is the same as EOT. In which case , well worth doing. about €20k

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

What would €20K get you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭GingerDave

Would imagine attic is the same as EOT. In which case , well worth doing. about €20k

I looked at this before, we only need a spare room for visitors. Solution, we just pay for them to stay in a local hotel. You can get a lot of B and B nights and taxis journeys for 20k.

I understand that some people may want more room, but do they need more room? I would think V carefully about spend any money on a house thats dropping in value especially if you have to borrow the money. If you have 20k and debts, pay down your debts would be the more sensible thing to do.

If you add a sun room the garden will be so small you might as well not have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

GingerDave wrote: »
    I looked at this before, we only need a spare room for visitors. Solution, we just pay for them to stay in a local hotel. You can get a lot of B and B nights and taxis journeys for 20k.

I understand that some people may want more room, but do they need more room? I would think V carefully about spend any money on a house thats dropping in value especially if you have to borrow the money. If you have 20k and debts, pay down your debts would be the more sensible thing to do.

If you add a sun room the garden will be so small you might as well not have one?

The flip side of the room problem is:
    the house is too small for the family, family cannot afford to move to a bigger house or just cannot sell for other reasons. Simplest solution to the problem is to extend your current house.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cuddydale

Exactly my point Rosiejoe. And there is a great big green outside for playing on. I would really like to see an attic done is a 3 bed mid terrace. I have heard of quotes for as little as 12K with reputable companies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

a bit of structural work is required in the EOT's. The mid-terrace 2 beds have a "room in the roof" ready for fitting out. The extra over for the structural work in the EOT would be about 2-3k I'd say.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 FVC

Cuddydale - i've sent you a PM

Beware - to enter our house would involve passing thru a "Black Door"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I got my 3 bed mid terrace attic done for 15 grand in Oct.

Included;
    - stairs
    - landing and door
    - new banisters etc etc
    - plastering and finishing etc
    - recessed spot lights
    - 3 windows (small, 4x2, 4x4)
    - Architects cert
    - steel beams
    - radiator
    - moving water tank
    - capping heating system

Best job I ever saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Waternews

Hi 3DataModem
    Would you PM me the details of did the work for you?
    Cheers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement