Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats wrong?

Options
  • 18-01-2010 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

I just uploaded my first video form my Canon HV20, which i've had for 2 months but havent done anything due to a faulty firewire, got one off amazon for €5 and it works perfect:D

the video i uploaded is just a tester, it says HD but it doesnt look HD really. Looks very blurry or something. Im using adobe premiere pro cs3, i exported it using media encoder to 1280x720, but it was captured in 1440x1080.

here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNq0msI0DN8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Does the original file exported from Premiere Pro look much better? I use a HV20 too and its safe to say that the camera is capable of much much much higher quality. If you hadnt mentioned otherwise Id have assumed you just exported at a low resolution but thats the very same as I export with. What format did you export? What kind of compression used? Compression settings.

For decent quality and still relatively low filesize try exporting as an avi file with xvid compression, then in the xvid settings use 3.0 for the pass setting. You'll certainly loose some quality from the original but the exported version will still be higher quality then youtube HD. I often use that for uploading to youtube with no problems at all. Hope thats of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

i exported with Quicktime preset, everything i did i got of this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpbCnsyqT9E

one thing as well, when i went to export then adobe media encoder, when it went into encoder, the resolution was set to like 340 x 276 or something, cant remember the exact number, i had to change it manually to 1280x720, but it still said the source was 1440x1080 if that makes any difference

any help appreciated

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

i've had success with the following posting I found on the net -

"..... use WMV format because in my testing it seems to look better. I shoot everything in HD, so I normally try and use 1280x720 when it fits in the 100MB limit or resize to 960x540 if I cross the size limit threshold (and they recently extended the limit if you use the upload tool). It's VBR with quality set to 90% and encode complexity set to the maximum"

let me know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Try using H264, I find it the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

ok i uploaded another video using the WMV format

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mjtJDeo3B8

looks better but still not 100% i think, gonna keep trying though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

if you reach nirvana - share your upload settings

Advertisement