Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Extra Returns to a normal Tesco?

Options
  • 18-01-2010 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

As the title indicates, can you return a product bought in a Tesco Extra store to a normal Tesco store (where it is not stocked)?
    I have the receipt, the product is faulty, and just want a refund.
    I went out of my way to get the product orignally, as the Tesco extra store is about 10 miles from where I live, but there is a normal Tesco store about 10 minutes from where I work.
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

They're within their rights to tell you to go back to the tesco extra store- once they have it on the receipt or signage in store telling you the extra conditions attached to tesco extra items. If there's no indication of anything, I don't see why they wouldn't. Especially since it's a faulty return. Maybe ring the normal Tesco and ask if they'll take it, worth the reassurance if the item is really bulky and they end up telling you to go back to the other store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

I bought a phone in one tesco store in dundalk and it was faulty. I was at home so I tried to return it to another store in town which was closer but they said I'd have to bring it back to where I bought it.

they didn't stock the phone, I don't know if that would make a difference. theyre usually pretty good at accepting returns even without a receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

It was only a set of cycle lamps. The store near my work definetly does not stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The only way to find out is to get in contact with your Tesco store. It's hard to say - it could go either way.

I'd say that it depends if the product is in the inventory/system of your local shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Rashers72 wrote: »
    As the title indicates, can you return a product bought in a Tesco Extra store to a normal Tesco store (where it is not stocked)?

The thing there is, they don't have to give you a refund. They could offer a repair or replacement, and you'd then have to refuse that, but cannot force them to give a refund. The shop that doesn't stock them would not be able to offer a replacement, and probably wouldn't take an item they don't stock for a repair, so you're limiting their ability to help you.

You should ring the one you want to go to, and ask for someone in charge, then clarify if they'll refund you on the item in question. Either that or just call in, since it's close by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Actually, I don't mind if they could offer a replacement (but that will be a special order from their perspective).
    I just rang the local store, but it just rings out. I checked their website, but no sign of such a question.
    So I rang the helpline (UK based), but it tells you to ring back, after 5 minutes on hold.
    Looks like I'm going to have to drive to an Extra store over the weekend.

Advertisement