Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I drop honours maths?

• 18-01-2010 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey evryone hope you can help!

I'm a 16 year old girl in 5th year and I'm very serious about studing Law or physiology both which have high points..just my luck!
    I'm doing 7 subjects- options are (history, home ec and biology) and I'm currently working part time in a shop two or three times a week with a boss I feel will be slow to let me go next year..(told him i could only work one evening...he now lets me go home a half hour early...still working two to three days..)
    I'm very seriously thinking about dropping down to pass maths..(failed xmas test..but not the only one) as i need to bring up my results in both history and irish. My maths teacher wont let me go as I'm one of three girls left oin the class and he thinks I can do it unfortunately he is also my carreers guidance teacher and I cant talk to him properily.
    In our school its a big deal to do all honours..only 5 are and two are girls. And I'm the only one holding down a parttime job and also babysitting alot! If I drop I know ill be bored in pass and probably laugh at the questions but I'm not sure if i can deal with houours any more. Honestly I can bring myself way up by working hard but I'm afraid it will affect my other subjects.
    If anyone went throught this or had advice I would greatly appreciate it and will look at any suggestions....everyone tells me I can do it but I really want to get over 500 points and I wounder if I should drop and just play the 'point game'. Also if anyone had study tips or tips to help get motivated for study would be appreciated. I fimd it hard lately to motiviate myself.

x0x0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hi there,

This is a Help Desk for issues with boards.ie related questions, so helping you with your subject choices is a little out of our remit. You might want to try posting your query on our Leaving Cert forum, where you'll find people able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭pixiegaga

will do..:)

Advertisement