Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scope

Options
  • 18-01-2010 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

im slowly learning the ins and outs of firearms, one thing i dont know much about is scopes, the gun im planning on getting is a cz 452 in .22 mag, what kind of scope would ye recomend. what else is needed to fit a scope

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

why a .22 mag ? i had one years ago and its too much for bunnies and not really enough in the hands of a novice for foxes , and the ammo is too expensive for plinking and a lot of ranges will not let you shoot it at sil's or targets .
    the scope depends on the use that you're going to put the rifle to , and what you can afford to spend .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

rowa wrote: »
    why a .22 mag ? i had one years ago and its too much for bunnies and not really enough in the hands of a novice for foxes , and the ammo is too expensive for plinking and a lot of ranges will not let you shoot it at sil's or targets .
    the scope depends on the use that you're going to put the rifle to , and what you can afford to spend .

Good choice on calibre... If you can afford it go for a quality second hand 6x42, Schmidt probably bein the best. that's what I have on my .22 mag. If you want to go for longish range head-shots and 8x56 may be more suitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

nikko sterling make a lovely scope ,possible as good a glass as the best none europeen makes .

iv 4-14x44 milldot on my .22 cz the glass is as good as my nightforce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

it will be used for hunting foxes etc. i have about 200 to spend, i know its not a lot but it will have to do for know

i wasn't having a go over your choice of calibre , just i had one and it fell between two stools for me .
    have a look here http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/

and here http://www.yorkguns.com/optic_search_results.php ,couple of pecar scopes here which are great quality but a bit more than you might have to spend , save a bit more and buy a good scope , i have had dozens of rifles over the years but only a couple of scopes .

american/european optics are normally miles ahead of far eastern stuff , but nikko sterling are good value .

• Advertisement

i wasn't having a go over your choice of calibre , just i had one and it fell between two stools for me .
    have a look here http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/

and here http://www.yorkguns.com/optic_search_results.php ,couple of pecar scopes here which are great quality but a bit more than you might have to spend , save a bit more and buy a good scope , i have had dozens of rifles over the years but only a couple of scopes .

american/european optics are normally miles ahead of far eastern stuff , but nikko sterling are good value .

i know you werent having a go rowa. thanks for the advice, i think i will try get a few more quid before deciding.

iv had a few .22 mags over the years , i would not have one now with the .17HMR on the market.
    then again there is lighter bullets for the WMR now also on the market.

i do love my little .22 cz

did you price ammo for each.

how many foxes do you think your going to shoot ? .

jwshooter wrote: »
    iv had a few .22 mags over the years , i would not have one now with the .17HMR on the market.
    then again there is lighter bullets for the WMR now also on the market.

i do love my little .22 cz

did you price ammo for each.

how many foxes do you think your going to shoot ? .

yea i looked at both cals but decided on the mag

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

My CZ Style but in 22lr with a Bushnell 10x40 sitting on top and sitting in a custom stock :D

CZStylewithnewstock3.jpgCZStylewithnewstock2.jpg

lovely stock, where did you get that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

I have a Mueller scope and find them very good - glass is crystal clear ......practically on par with my friends S&B....he couldn't believe how clear it was.

This guy is in the USA but will post to Eire

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290350971327&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

thanks for all the replys, whats the story with mounts

J.R. wrote: »
    I have a Mueller scope and find them very good - glass is crystal clear ......practically on par with my friends S&B....he couldn't believe how clear it was.

This guy is in the USA but will post to Eire

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290350971327&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

is the link to the one you have??

you should also look at falcon scopes , they get good reviews on snipercentral etc so should be fine on a rimfire , the parts are made in the far east and then assembled in england , they are reasonable money .

is that a 10 ten shot clip on that there firearm clive .

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭kakashka

you should also look at falcon scopes , they get good reviews on snipercentral etc so should be fine on a rimfire , the parts are made in the far east and then assembled in england , they are reasonable money .
    Second that,have one (4-14x44)and find it very reliable,holds zero regardless, but FOV is less than should be

kakashka wrote: »
    Second that,have one (4-14x44)and find it very reliable,holds zero regardless, but FOV is less than should be

what gun have you it on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

jap gt wrote: »
    lovely stock, where did you get that

Bought from a friend. I'm not sure who made the stock.
    jwshooter wrote: »
    is that a 10 ten shot clip on that there firearm clive .

It is if it's still legal then yes :D if it's not legal then no it's a long 5 shot mag. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭kakashka

jap gt wrote: »
    what gun have you it on
    Had it on a 243 i and now on .17Hmr

Advertisement