Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a direct Dublin Cork bus service?

Options
  • 18-01-2010 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine asked me about this and I wasn't able to tell him. I've been googling, but nothing of any use pops up. Bus Eireann and Aircoach were the only services I found, and both stop all over the place as far as I can see.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hi, I have taken the aercoach and bus eirann to Dublin and they are grand they only stop in one place just outside Cashel I think it is, which is handy because the isnt any loos on the bus..They stop at a petrol station there where you can grab a cup of coffee or food takes off again in about 15mins I thought it was a great service and much cheaper than the train or the plane..Arrives in a easy to get spot in Dublin City Centre

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya go with aer coach,way faster than bus eireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

Neither Aircoach or Bus Eireann go direct Dublin - Cork - Aircoach probably is more direct, but according to their website they still stop in Fermoy, Mitchelstown, Cashel, Portlaoise, and Monasterevin, all of which are bypassed by the motorway.

I think that Bus Eireann sometimes put a direct bus on, but it's not regular. You could try ring them. If you're traveling at a quiet time, you can take the train for €20 return. Otherwise, you can choose slow bus, or expensive train.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭shnaek

Cheers for the heads-up. I looked at the websites alright and they seem to stop in a fair few places, and the quickest journey time (aircoach) is 4hours 15. I thought there might be a direct bus as there is one between Galway and Dublin, but I guess that's a shorter journey. I'll pass on the info anyways. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

MM I really do not remember the bus stopping more than once when i got it...I wonder if it is the aercoach it is the one that you get on kinda just behind the colissuim (sorry it is too early to spell)..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭shnaek

Milly33 wrote: »
    MM I really do not remember the bus stopping more than once when i got it...I wonder if it is the aercoach it is the one that you get on kinda just behind the colissuim (sorry it is too early to spell)..

Sher I'll give them a bell and find out what the story is.

Advertisement