Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband But Phone is DEAD?

• 18-01-2010 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭

Today for some reason the phones in the house are all dead. but the broadband is working fine!

Anybody else had this problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

Calebmcd wrote: »
    Today for some reason the phones in the house are all dead. but the broadband is working fine!

Anybody else had this problem?

Yes, this happened to me last year - a problem with my line that required a visit from an engineer to fix. No one believed me that I still had my internet without a functioning phone line. As choices went, I preferred having the internet - I would not have been too happy the other way around ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

loose jumper in exchange , like babaloushka said they wont believe you but if it is not back in 5 working days you get 2 months line rental free

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    loose jumper in exchange , like babaloushka said they wont believe you but if it is not back in 5 working days you get 2 months line rental free

Could be a filter issue but also could be as Bob said jumpering issue, just becauise they don't believe you doesn't make it not true :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Filters dont all die at the same time , I had this problem once and it took them 2 weeks to fix it and despite my telling them to test the exchange only two of them came up to the house before I sent them packing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bog master

With Eircom and has happened to me 3 times in the last two months. First time, rang in fault, they did a line test while I waited and that seemed to fix it there and then.

Second time, rang in fault and was back in 2 hours, and same again for 3rd time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dangerousdavid

I had this almost constantly in my old place with BT then Magnet, took Magnet about a month to fix it...

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lockers55

Did u pay the bill? They cut off phone then few days later Broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Calebmcd

Yeah bills paid, filters are fine.

Tried 4 different connections all dead. Yet here i am online talking to you now!;)

Check wires in house all seem fine. When i try and ring the house from my mobile it goes straight to the answer machine!

Time to call support from my mobile then!

Advertisement