Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mains water not working in part of the house

• 18-01-2010 9:48pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭

All,

I have an odd problem at the moment with my water supply..

Currently (along with a lot of people) I have water restrictions in place by the county Council (Clare) - The mains water is turned off 8pm to 8am daily..This has been going on for about 10 days..

However for the last few days , the mains water is only running in 1 part of the house all days.

I have mains water in the Kitchen and Utility room at one end of the house , but no mains water in the sinks in the main bathroom and 2 ensuites at the other end of the house (it's a dormer bungalow) - The cisterns are also not filling at all. The odd thing is that in the Ensuite I have a mains fed Electric shower and that is running fine...

Is there somekind of low pressure/low water level switch or something that might have tripped during a water outage that needs to be reset...

When the water is on , the pressure seems ok - The fact that the cisterns aren't filling at all is a concern (The hot taps in all bathrooms work fine) - Cisterns are filled from the tank right? ..so why would they not fill if the bathroom taps are running...

Appreciate any insight anyone might have

Thanks in advance

Advertisement